Do I have a shot?

<p>Do I have a shot at Wisconsin? </p>

<p>I go to a highly competitive high school that has a great track record getting kids into Wisconsin, and those kids have done really well there. I have good and unusual EC's with a clear pattern of interests. (community service with focus on helping disabled people)</p>

<p>My school doesn't weight grades. I will have a 3.4ish GPA by the end of this year. My GPA has gone up every year. My school offers APs mostly in math and science, which I don't like and haven't taken, but I have taken extra English and History classes and have been in honors language and history classes. </p>

<p>I would guess my essays and recommendations will be very good.</p>

<p>I'm a legacy for what that's worth.</p>

<p>My SATs are 1210/1600 or 1880/2400. I don't know how I did on the ACTs.</p>

<p>Do I have a shot?</p>

<p>The fact that school offered APs and you didn't take them will hurt you. I don't believe Wisconsin considers legacy status that greatly at all. Are you in state or out of state?</p>

<p>From the info above... I would say maybe... but you never know.</p>

<p>I think you have a really good shot. Keep up with the upward trend. You have a much better chance if you're in-state, though. Madison has a quick-reference probability of getting in chart...check the website to see what they have to say about your chances.</p>

<p>although your numbers are a bit below average for the school, I'd say you still have a strong chance. Of course, that chance increases if you're instate. If you're OOS, I'd try to apply earlier than the Feb 2nd deadline.</p>