Do I have to keep a 3.0 GPA in all my classes in my senior year?

So quick question, im currently taking 4 a-g classes and 2 non-academic classes (jiujitsu and leadership). Do UC’s look at the grades I get in jiujitsu and leadership as well or just the a-g academic based classes?

it depends on the school but, it is best to do so. Are you really concerned you’ll get a C in Leadership?

Let’ say a C in jiu-jitsu or leadership wouldn’t reflect the type of student the most selective schools are looking for.

For all UC’s except UCLA and UCB, you need to maintain a weighted 3.0 and depending upon school it could include all classes or only the a-g courses. UCLA/UCB require an unweighted GPA of 3.0 with no more than 2 C’s. Logic dictates that since you are required to report only a-g course grades, that a C in Leadership or PE would not have a significant impact. I would rather be on the safe side.

@Gumbymom Thank you for that info. Where do you find it? I can’t see this on any of the universities’ websites. Clearly I am looking in the wrong place.

it is in your acceptance letter.

In the past, accepted applicants have posted their conditions to maintain their provisional admission and as stated it is in your acceptance letter. Provisional admission conditions can change from year to year, but what I posted above is what has been the conditions for these schools for the last few years.

I did notice that SDSU ( I know not a UC) added new verbiage to their provisional admission conditions by stating you must maintain a C or higher for all Senior year classes not just a-g courses, so basically continue to do your best Senior year.