Senior Grades

<p>I know this question has been asked numerous times but I’m paranoid (even though my grades aren’t that bad). </p>

<p>What conditions can a UC revoke your admissions on?

1. What weighted GPA do you need senior year for the lower - middle tier UC’s.
  2. What if you get straight C’s in all AP courses? Are you ineligible according to their eligibility context?
  3. What schools can revoke your admissions if they feel your academic performance dropped down too much? how do they determine this?</p>

<p>I can’t seem to find this on any of the sites really. I just want to make sure that i’m doing everything right so that I’ll ending going off to a university next year not a CC. </p>

<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>from what ive read, it is:
3.0 unweighted for UCB,UCLA probably UCSD too maybe?
3.0 weighted for the rest of UC's</p>

<p>and no D's or F's</p>

<p>^ Does the 3.0 GPA only apply to senior year? or does it include sophomore and junior year? I'm really worried about my classes (think I may end up with 3 C's and a B...).</p>

<p>To be eligible for UCs you need to have at least a 3.0 average in 10-12. To not be disqualified from being accepted from UCs you have to maintain AT LEAST a 3.0 GPA in your senior year and NO D's or F's. You should be fine with 3 C's and a B as long as you keep the 3.0 GPA.</p>

<p>i was talking about senior year only.</p>

<p>To not be disqualified from being accepted from UCs you have to maintain AT LEAST a 3.0 GPA ** in your senior year** and NO D's or F's. You should be fine with 3 C's and a B as long as you keep the 3.0 GPA.</p>

<p>Oh CRAP. Thanks for answering. Guess I'd better get those grades up.</p>

<p>this applies to both first and second semester right? because i've been hearing from some that it only applies to second and you must perform relatively well for first semester</p>

<p>the first semester and of course second semester doesnt really come into consideration when they decide, they care more about the load of the classes you are taking.</p>

<p>i have 2 questions.</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Why do they make it so relatively easy? This is what got me paranoid at first. I keep thinking that there is something more to it.</p></li>
<li><p>I heard numerous sources say that for some of the colleges if your academic performance drops too much, even if it's over a 3.0 they can still revoke you. It also says that on the website though I can't find the link at the moment. I do remember that the next sentence says something about looking at the individual college website for their provisional agreement. Does anyone know more about the story behind this?</p></li>
</ol>

<p>SheerReflection, i think you used to be able to slack hella and still get in. Now they just have a standard.</p>

<p>fyi, keeping a 3.0 unweighted is easy, but its not easy. What i mean is, you still have to.. attend class, pay attention slightly, etc. </p>

<p>I have 5 ap classes, I wish i could just slack and get all Cs, but thats 2.0 right there. I just have to get A's in my easy AP's and get B's in my hard ones. lol
would suck to get rescinded from berk or la</p>

<p>Well I don't have to worry about that because I probably won't go to LA or Cal. lol.</p>

<p>I called UCR the other day and talked to them about senior grades. They said generally it's C or better but it differs for each applicant depending on their record. Now I'm scared. I should applied to some CSU's.</p>

<p>is the 3.0 weighted or unweighted?
im taking 5 5-point classes this year but i am doing horrible and at this rate i'll have 1 A 4 Bs and 1 C</p>

<p>this is like a 3.8 weighted but just barely a 3.0 so i just wanna know in case it gets worse</p>

<p>OK, there was tons of discussion about this last year, and here is what I remember. If none of this information has changed over the year, it should still be the same.</p>

<p>UCB - 3.0 UNWEIGHTED SENIOR YEAR GPA FOR EACH SEMESTER</p>

<p>UCLA - 3.0 AVERAGE UNWEIGHTED SENIOR YEAR GPA FOR EACH SEMESTER (with no grade lower than a C). I think this means that if you have a 2.0 first semester and 4.0 second semester, you're fine. But obviously you shouldn't even have such a low GPA in the first place.</p>

<p>The rest - 3.0 WEIGHTED GPA FOR EACH SENIOR YEAR SEMESTER</p>

<p>Basically keep a 3.0 unweighted gpa for each semester and you're fine for all the schools. I mean, you should be able to do so in the first place, right? lol</p>

<p>What if I have all A's and one D?</p>

<p>Will my admissions be revoked?I think that's alittle crummy.</p>

<p>Right now my senior grades are 4.2 but I have a flat 70% in AP Statistics and I don't think I did to good on the finals.I didn't apply to Berkeley or LA.</p>

<p>@Jeffrey99
u cannot have a single D</p>

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>Instead of starting a new post, I was wondering if someone could help me here.</p>

<p>I got my senior first semester grades back and I got one C. My semester unweighted GPA is a 3.0 and my weighted GPA is a 4.0, so I'm not disqualified. (My UC GPA was >4.00 previously, and I still think it will be >4.00 despite this C.) I am taking 5 AP courses and the C is in AP Calculus.</p>

<p>There's a reason for this C, and while I don't want to talk about it because it's personal, my counselor will vouch for me. Since UCs don't want midyear reports, will they accept her letter?</p>

<p>I'm really worried about Davis and UCLA because last year's admissions were so tough. (I didn't get ELC, but not because I wasn't qualified. An incorrect transcript was sent my junior year.)</p>

<p>I would appreciate any advice, thank you!</p>

<p>Just make sure you maintain a 3.0 unweighted GPA. Weighted GPA does not matter.</p>

<p>brassring: which weighted GPA? Overall or just for one semester? I have a 3.8+ UW cumulatively, but a 3.0 UW for 7th semester. Thanks.</p>