Do IB classes prepare you for the SAT Subject Tests?

So I go to a school that has a full IB program and was wondering if by the end of the first year of IBDP I will be prepared to take the SAT II’s. If not, then should I buy SAT II’s Prep Books or just go for it?

You should check the IB topics covered in the first year of IBDP with your school teacher. You have to self study those uncovered topics that will appear in SAT subject test. Some teachers are very familiar with both curriculum and may offer extra classes just to cover those topics. Basically, you have to study yourself.

The first half of Math HL I (ending with trig) is enough for the Math II SAT II (in addition to prior classes). Math SL I prepares you by the end of the year.

I know from experience that IB Biology HL I does not prepare you for the Biology SAT II. Perhaps this is not the case with the other subjects, but be prepared to teach yourself a ton of information for sciences. The Princeton Review was my savoir.

At my school, the content we cover in English is from the 20th century which does not prepare you well for the Literature SAT II.

IB language B classes don’t cover grammar much at all, so it may be best to take a language SAT II before taking the IB classes.

IB history focuses on analyzing causes and effects of historical events while the SAT II is fact based. From what I’ve heard, there is some overlap, but you should do supplementary studying from a prep book to cover what you’ve missed.

My advice is to focus on the ACT; then, you don’t have to worry about subject tests.