Do summer courses taken after graduation satisfy the A-G requirements for UC schools?

I’m planning to graduate a year early and I want to take English IV the summer before I go to college. Would UCs and Cal State schools accept this as fulfilling my A-G requirements? Links with the information I need would be extremely appreciated, I’ve looked all over and I can’t find any. Thanks!

So you plan to graduate before you take the English IV course in the summer or after?

According the UC Website:
To be considered for admission, you must complete 15 yearlong high school courses with a grade of C or better — at least 11 of them prior to your senior year.

So will you have all 15 a-g courses completed prior to graduation?

When I graduate, I will have 4 years of science, 4 years of math, 4 years of history, and 3 years of English, with the 4th being completed during the summer after my graduation. Plus 2 years of Spanish for my foreign language req, and Technical Theatre for my fine arts req. What I’m asking is will the UC schools consider a course taken the summer after graduation as fulfilling the requirement for my 4th year of English?

Based on what I see on the UC website, you need 4 years of English in HS before graduation which is part of the 15 a-g course requirement. I would probably email UC and CSU admissions to confirm this. Also, doesn’t your HS have a 4 year English course requirement for graduation? I know that my son’s HS required 4 years of English to graduate.

My high school requires 4 years of English to graduate but they will allow you to take one summer course the year after you graduate towards your graduation credits. So for the UC’s you have to satisfy this req BEFORE graduation - even if I informed the schools I applied to that I would have the 4 years of English finished before my freshman year of college? also if you have a link, could you provide it, it would be very helpful to me!

Like I said, contact UC admissions since they will ultimately make the final decision if you will qualify.

http://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/freshman/requirements/a-g-requirements/index.html

If you find out one way or another, please post for future reference.

Called to confirm, and courses must be taken before graduation. Looks like I’ll have to find an alternative way.

Sorry to hear, but thanks for posting the information.