Do UC's give more financial aid than CSU's for EFC=0?

I’ve looked over some old threads about students with EFC=0 and the financial packages they received. It seems like UC’s give more benefits over CSU’s when you compare both including Cal Grant, federal grants, university grants (excluding merit-based), and EOP grants. Could someone double check this for me? I’m specifically checking whether I should go to CPP or UCI based on this.

You should compare the packages both of the schools gave you. It should be easy to figure out which school is cheaper for you.

That would be great if I could, but I believe CPP releases it’s complete financial package over the SIR deadline.

In general, the UC’s tend to give more FA. Beside the Cal Grants, they have the Blue and Gold opportunity plan which ensures your UC tuition will be covered if your income is below $80K.

The max Cal Grant will cover tuition at both UCs and CSUs - so the difference in sticker price between the two is eliminated by a full Cal Grant. We haven’t gotten back all of my son’s FA packages, but so the UCs are cheaper.