Do UCs look at senior year grades if you graduate HS before applying?

Daughter is a senior in HS, has applied to various UCs, is a strong applicant and will get into a few good campuses. However, we’re now looking at options for a gap year rather than go straight to college in the fall. UC does not allow deferral of admission; she would have to reapply next year. Her senior year grades will not be at the level of her 10th-11th grade marks. When she reapplies for fall 2019 admission, would the evaluation be done on the basis of her 10th-11th grade marks, or will her weaker 12th grade marks be considered also?

I would contact the UC application center to confirm but I would assume the reason that the UC’s only use 10-11th grades in their Freshman GPA calculation is that most Seniors will not have grades in time for the November application deadline. If an applicant takes a Gap year, they will have their Senior grades to submit on the application and they will probably be used in the GPA calculation.

Always confirm by contacting the source.

Thanks @Gumbymom! It’s hard to imagine that the full grade history wouldn’t be considered, I agree.