Do you send UCs your AP and SAT Scores?

<p>but i couldn't just not take the test or purposely bomb it, wouldn't that look suspicious to colleges?</p>

<p>^Wtheck no. Just stop worrying about that. If you really don't want to skip out of it and go onto the next thing in the series, then don't take the test. The AP test doesn't factor in at all in admissions considerations.</p>

<p>You will already be admitted by the time the AP scores come out unless you are only a junior. Either way they don't use AP scores AT ALL for admissions decisions at the UC's.</p>

<p>i was talking about placement purposes and using credits</p>

<p>Honestly, if you want to be a premed, then you'll have to learn to toughen up. It's really not as easy as a lot of people think. If you aren't willing to take the next class in the series because your AP scores are waiving you out of an "easier" class, then you're probably not the strongest candidate for medical school in the first place. You think that the notorious O-Chem can be avoided, or that the state school-instituted curves (the curves don't usually help either) are things that AP tests can save you from? The people that end up in medical school are the ones that can excel despite these. Also, consider Calculus as an example. Since everyone is trying to do what you're doing, do you think the curve for the calculus class is going to be generous when only 20% of the class can get As? The next class in the series may well have the same %s, but its a harder class that gives you much more of a competitive edge when everyone else is on the same playing field. There are a lot of other factors that come into play with medical school admissions. If you're fretting over some lower division classes that are worth ~2/45th (weighted approximately) of your overall GPA, then your concerns are seriously misplaced.</p>

<p>if i go straight to the upper division stuff (pertaining to my major), i would be getting requirements out of the way faster right?</p>

<p>Upper division has nothing to do with this. You can't go to upper division if you have AP credits, and the requirements stand the same no matter what. Upper division and the next class in the series are completely different.</p>

<p>yes i know what u mean by next in the series
but i was wondering if your AP credit somehow gets u by the intro class entirely, then would upper division get requirements out of the way?</p>

<p>No, you don't know what next in the series means. Upper division means upper division. Next in the series means that if I finish Calculus A, then I take Calculus B, C, and Linear Algebra to satisfy the year's worth of math requirement for medical school applications. Upper division is Upper Division Analysis, Upper Division Linear Algebra, which are completely different series. Heck, if you're a bio major (as most pre-meds are), you won't even be taking those classes.</p>

<p>i know what next in the series means, that's why i said "by the intro class entirely", meaning A, B, & C.</p>

<p>so with that out of the way, each college (and your major) requires a number of units for upper division right? so if somehow i start those classes earlier than jr/sr year, would that get unit requirements out of the way faster?</p>