Do you send UCs your AP and SAT Scores?

<p>Or is it all self-reporting?</p>

<p>I self-reported my AP scores. I sent my SAT scores though. You want to send your SAT scores to all the colleges that you're applying to. You do not need to do that with AP scores though.</p>

<p>i know that i self-report my APs, but if i choose not to report some, and the college somehow finds out that i actually took the test and did well on it (or didn't take it at all), would they really care?</p>

<p>also, let's say someone had a 4 or 5; but if he/she didn't self-report it, that would end up as no credits used right?</p>

<p>AP credits don't help your admissions so far as you can tell by their admissions review process. They only help for after you get in, so if you didn't report a 5, its OK since you end up sending your scores at the end anyways and they use those to calculate the number of credits you come in with. I'd still report it anyways, even a 2 is worth mentioning at least.</p>

<p>when do i start sending scores? AP and SAT scores.</p>

<p>SAT scores are by Jan. 1st, AP scores are after you're admitted.</p>

<p>wait peppers, so you're saying that in the end, the college will still see all of your scores, whether u decided to self-report them or not? it's mandatory to send in the AP report?</p>

<p>Yes to both. They see them, but they'll choose the best one, so there really isn't any point in people on here hiding their scores. The AP report is also a must because it's one of the requirements for the provisional contract after you're admitted to send it in, or else the schools that accepted you may well just rescind your admissions.</p>

<p>but what if i don't want to get credit for something like an intro science class?
if i get like a 5 on a science AP, does that mean i have no choice but to use those credits?</p>

<p>Yes, but usually AP credits won't be "bad" for you. If you were a biology major, for instance, and you got a 5 in biology, you'd still be required to retake biology since that's your core class. If, however, you're a biology major, and you get a 5 in Art History, that waives a GE that would otherwise consume your time. If you're worried that AP classes will, say, inhibit you from taking pre-med classes, that's probably not going to be a concern. You could always take the next class in the series. Also, AP credits do a lot for standing, since someone coming in with 45 AP credits is technically considered a sophomore, which is definitely a plus when it comes to getting classes.</p>

<p>Colleges look at a score of 1 or 2, as if you didn't take the exam -- that is, their neutral.</p>

<p>Send AP scores in the summer after senior year so it can include AP scores from senior year AP classes.</p>

<p>when u mean next in the series, r u referring to upper division courses?</p>

<p>and if someone has no AP credits going into college, would that dramatically affect his/her chances of getting the desired classes like chem, math, etc?</p>

<p>Next in the series doesn't necessarily mean upper division, and almost certainly not so for AP credits alone. For example, if you took calculus AB and want credit for it (its usually optional), then you can take the BC equivalent, and then the multivariable calculus series so that you can fulfill your math requirement and the premed math requirement. With no credits going in, it won't affect it for the first quarter, but it will impact their chances in winter quarter/spring semester, since it matters when your appointment time is to schedule classes.</p>

<p>if u withhold a score, would colleges see it in the official report?</p>

<p>Yes they will. It's completely pointless to withhold AP scores.</p>

<p>so basically i'm at the mercy of the college's AP policy?
do u know any UC's policies or know of a website? by policy i'm talking about whether or not the school will let u retake courses</p>

<p>Of course they'll let you retake courses, you just might not be able to get units for them :rolleyes:</p>

<p>would those retakes count for premed requirements?</p>

<p>I doubt it, you could do some research on that though.</p>