Does an upward trend look good for Virginia tech engineering?

Freshmen year I had a 3.1 GPA. Sophomore year, I had a 3.3 GPA. Junior year, I had a 3.6 GPA. Senior year is 4.1 GPA.

ACT is 31.

A lot of kids at VT engineering have a GPA over 4, but I showed that torwards the end, I could also achieve a 4 GPA. But will I be penalized because of my first 2 years of high school? will I at least make it in university studies?

MY extra credits are pretty good for virginia tech.

Have you already finished your senior year or are you predicting your GPA?

This is really too little information to chance you. Engineering is very competitive. They will look at your GPA and class rigor. You do have a better chance at University Studies than Engineering but keep in mind it is getting harder to transfer into Engineering so if that is your goal you may need to think about what your options are.

As the other poster asked, how do you have a senior GPA? If your best has been a 3.6 (I am assuming weighted) then i wouldn’t be banking on a 4.1, you are just making up numbers. Anyway, are your math/science/english grades markedly better than your average? Those tend to hold a little more weight than unrelated electives.

Edit: Also what AP courses have you been taking?

yea it’s jsut a prediction. I haven’t finished senior year yet, but I was wondering if I did get a 4.1 GPA senior year, what chances would I have

yea my GPA is only down due to classes like spanish, english and classes like psychology. My grade average for science was a mid B. I got an A in engineering honors junior year and my math courses I have taken are geometry honors, algebra 2, pre calc honors, Calculus and AP statistic. Got a B in geometry and pre calc, and an A in algebra 2. Hoping to get an A in calc and stats, so say that if I do, do I have a decent shot at university studies? Most of my harder classes such as honors and AP have been in my junior and senior year. Plus a 31 on the ACT

Ive taken 5 AP: euro, psych, environmental, statistics, gov.

If you get a 4.1 GPA your senior year that would put you at about a 3.5-3.6 Weighted GPA overall. The average univ studies weighted GPA from 2015 was a 3.88. You have a chance, just not a great one.