Scholarships

<p>I'm currently a junior and UMiami is my first choice. When I was browsing its website I noticed that it said the minimum score for scholarship consideration is a 1350 SAT or a 31 ACT. My problem is that I have a 1330 SAT and a 30 ACT. I've thought about retaking both tests. Would Miami use a superscore or would I have to get teh 1350 in one sitting? Also, has anyone gotten a scholarship with scores slightly lower than the posted minimum?</p>

<p>I got a 1280 on the SAT and the Dickinson Scholarship. But I have a good GPA - so just work hard I guess…</p>

<p>From what I can tell, it’s not all about the SAT/ACT.</p>

<p>3.5 UW, 5.9 (out of 6.0) W GPA, 1340 SAT.
I got 20k/year in scholarships.
Then again, it’s mainly by class rank, and I’m number 3/431.</p>

<p>If the minimum for consideration is 1350 / 31, you need to be aware that typical scores for those who are actually awarded are well above that.</p>

<p>I’m gonna piggyback on this thread and ask a question of my own. Is it possible to get scholarships midway through your college career? Let’s say hypothetically, you weren’t a super high achiever in high school, but did REALLY well your first two years, could you be awarded a scholarship from there?</p>

<p>No, scholarships are awarded freshman year only.</p>

<p>Thanks for the replies everyone. I realize that most people who get the scholarships probably have scores considerably higher than the minimum. I’m most likely going to retake the tests but it feels good to know that scores aren’t the only/most important thing that is considered.</p>

<p>well, I got a 1500 SAT and I only got 16k in scholarship, so I think u have to get at least 1350 SAT, then the type of scholarship will be determined using the class rank as the most important criterion.</p>