Does anyone know UNC Chapel Hill ranking for Public Health Nutrition undergraduate program?

Does anyone know UNC Chapel Hill ranking for Public Health Nutrition undergraduate program?

I do not know the ranking at the undergraduate level, but Gillings School of Global Public Health is well regarded at the graduate level. I will also add that getting into Gillings (nutrition) as an undergrad is not a sure thing- you need to apply and the process is competitive.

Is there a reason why you want to know the undergraduate ranking?

Delete

Yes, my daughter is WL for this program at UNC and has acceptances for similar programs in some other unis.

Was she accepted to the school but WL for the major? Is she a current student and considering transferring? I am confused.

My daughter was accepted (she graduated) with this major, but she still had to apply during her sophomore year (she ended up changing her major after being accepted to nutritional sciences).

Honestly, the ranking of this undergraduate major is not important. What are your concerns? There are plenty of opportunities within the school of public health.

My concern is does the Public Health Nutrition undergraduate program at UNC fulfiils the requirement for Med school.

She needs to look at the required courses and find out if they meet the required courses for medical school applicants…and if there is time to take some courses as electives if not.

ETA…your kid can major in just about anything so long as she takes the courses required for medical school applicants.

1 Like

Your daughter can meet with an advisor and see if this major fulfills the requirements for medical school. If not, she can still be a nutritional sciences major while taking the necessary premed classes.

You indicated that your daughter was “WL for this program at UNC.” I am a little confused as to what you mean by this, as students typically apply during their sophomore year and are either accepted or rejected.

It sounds like your daughter is a HS senior who was waitlisted to UNC? Can you please clarify?

1 Like

UNC’s Nutrition program is one of the best in the country. I graduated w/ a BSPH in nutrition. There are 2 tracks, one for those who intend to go to grad school (med school, dental school, etc) and the RD track. Med school does not expose their students adequately to nutrition. Proper food & lifestyle is key to disease prevention.

1 Like