Does qualifying for Presidential scholarship guarantee admission?

I guess the title says it all. My DS will be going to UA for their Honors Academy this summer to get his feel for the campus. He already has the grade and ACT score that would qualify for the Presidential scholarship (hopefully, this will continue unchanged at least one more year).

Assuming that UA charms him as much as it seems to charm everyone else, his college search would likely be done. He would apply to UA as the safety, our state flagship (match), and two reaches (Chicago and maybe Miami). Thus far, we all have loved everything that Alabama has had to offer so far, so it would shock me if the week-long visit came out as anything other than a positive.

My question is pretty simple, then- does qualifying for the scholarship assure acceptance, or are there students with qualifying scores who wind up not being accepted? Should we look for additional safeties to apply to, just in case?

It pretty much qualifies him, I would be super surprised if he got rejected.

Yes. Unless he is a convicted serial killer or something there is no way he is not getting in.

Seriously, unless he has something bad in his record (theft, etc), his admission is assured.

He is fine. Period