Experience with Presidential Elite Scholarship

Hello CC!

I recently toured UA through the Honors College and loved it! Not only was the campus amazing, the people and opportunities were also well represented. Because I am out of state, the generous merit scholarships do not hurt either. I currently have a 36 ACT composite with a 4.0 uw, so does that mean I qualify for Presidential Elite (assuming the gpa does not change by the time I enter college)? If so, has anyone with a similar scenario (high stat, oos) had any experiences or advice that they would like to give? I would like to say thanks to everyone who recommended doing an Honors College tour; it definitely was superb!

@trhn17,
Are you graduating HS this year, or next year?

The Presidential Elite is as you described for this year, and was immediately offered to my son when he was accepted and scholarships were listed. It is based on W GPA at the time of application. It is ever so slightly less beneficial than the NMF scholarship.

@DavidPuddy,

I am a junior this year. I also have a 1480 PSAT with a 220 NMS index and I live in Tennessee. Is your son attending UA?

Undecided still, and strongly considering UA on the NMF scholarship.