Dorm room sheet/blanket sets etc

http://www.ocm.com/roomgoals

Anyone familar with this site? Looks like some great deals with all that you get. Not sure on quality. After comparing what woul be spent a Bed Bath and Beyond for a lot of this, seems like a great bargain.

I’m pretty sure thats what we bought our D. Ours was the Student Starter Pack iirc. The sheets are ok (very thin but not coarse), and wash well. The comforter was surprisingly nice and soft. The towels and blanket were super cheap and flimsy.

I couldn’t be bothered hunting around for other options at the time, so there was some value in the convenience of it all. For S I will probably shop around since I have a year to work with.

^ Yours are invaluable comments, @flatKansas.

For my daughter and I, part of the fun has been the actual shopping-in-person experience for dorm stuff. :wink:

My experience is that most of the package stuff is pretty cheap quality. And sometimes WalMart has better quality AND prices!
However…it might be a good idea to have fairly thin towels…as long as they’re 100% cotton. Thin towels will dry a lot quicker and thus be less likely to mildew.

Amazon has some nice microfiber twin XL sheet sets for only like $15. I think it will be easier to gather stuff for my S since he wont care about “omg cute patterns!!11” like my D did.

Thanks all!

I’ve had good luck with Target’s sheets/towels for my kids’ dorm/apt use. I avoid the microfiber because they don’t “breathe”. The Room Essentials brand sheets is inexpensive and (I think) is usually a 60/40 poly cotton blend that washes very well, few wrinkles, and dries QUICKLY.

Usually, if you buy them online at this time of year, there is an extra code discount for 10% or whatever. Use a Red Card as well (debit or credit) and you’ll get another 5% plus free shipping.

If your child uses any acne products or certain face products that cause “bleaching marks” on towels, then buy the towels that are “cosmetic friendly”…it will indicate on the label. Sometimes it will say bleach friendly or something similar.

Bed, Bath and Beyond has some bleach friendly towels in several colors for $5.99. Use a $5 off coupon to buy a set and it comes out pretty good on price. He used some I bought from Walmart one year for a camp and they came back a purple. Not cool for a guy. :slight_smile: