Dorms

<p>Everybody has a different opinion on what dorms to choose, but can anyone please give me guidance by telling me which are the good ones, bad ones, etc - AND PLEASE STATE THE SPECIFIC REASONS!!!).</p>

<p>I'll go down the list of all the dorms that I have heard about.
Coronado: HUGE party dorm, never very quiet. Only join here if you are looking for a constant party. Rooms are smaller.
AZSO: Similar, but not to the same degree. Also has triple rooms, keep that in mind.
Kaibab: Hear that the rooms are small and that people outside don't see the appeal, but everyone in kaibab loves it.
Pima: Stayed here, coed halls, seemed like some cool people were there. Rooms are very adequately sized. Suite style rooms with bathroom connection (means you share a bathroom with only one other room and its right next to yours, NICE).
Stadium: See other posts, I know nothing.
PSP, VDP, PDC: look like such nice dorms. only been inside the dorm but not inside the rooms. nice community areas with pool and ping pong and laundry areas and kitchens. Very appealing, but probably full. Best location also.
Babcock: A mile from everything.
Haven't heard much about the other dorms.</p>

<p>Are the best locations the dorms just west of the football stadium (such as Colonia de la Paz), north of Old Main (where Yuma is), or in the southwest corner of the campus (Coronado).</p>

<p>I think VDP and the Highland halls are the best location, but I am in AZSO and have no trouble getting anywhere.</p>

<p>kidfromohio, I heard from everyone else that the dorms just Old Main. Out of these (Manzanita-Mohave, Gila Hall, Coconino, Yuma) are the best location, but you are saying that PSP, VDP, PDC (the dorms west of the stium) are the best - HELP!!!</p>

<p>Mario2144, My son is in Yuma this year, and feels it is an OK location, but would prefer to be in one of the newer dorms by the stadium. They are still convenient to the SU, have the Highland Market right next to them (he says the breakfast burritos there are GREAT), and the recreation center is right across the street. Getting to class is not a problem from any of the dorms, it seems, unless it is far away like Babcock.
Yuma is one of the Honors dorms, as is Yavapai and PSP. It is very quiet, so he can study in his room, but he goes to other dorms for fun. He likes his room (it has a sink in it) and it is nice and bright, but the beds can't be "unbunked". His friends from Coronado and AZ/SO like his room, but find the dorm pretty "dead". I think you will find that there are advantages and disadvantages to each dorm. Be sure to study the floor plans as well as the locations when you are making your list. Notice that some dorms have shorter beds than others, too--- if you are tall, that might make a difference.</p>

<p>Can you tell me about(1) Kaibab-Huachuca, (2) Manzanita-Mohave and (3) Pima</p>

<p>(1) people that didn't get into coronado or azso
(2) mostly art kids, but the 2 or 3 people i know from that dorm are awesome and not artsy at all
(3) interesting location (right next to greek row but very very close to the mall and student union). stayed there on my visit out here, it wasnt bad. it has suite style rooms, which are pretty cool.</p>