Dropping a class/credits?

<p>If you drop a class and go just below 12 credits what happens? Effects on scholarship? If you have 30 plus credits from AP’s etc going in does that make any difference?</p>

<p>Here’s what’s written on UA’s website:</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Source: [University</a> of Alabama Undergraduate Catalog 2010-12](<a href=“Page Not Found | The University of Alabama”>Page Not Found | The University of Alabama)</p>

<p>Based on this, it would appear prudent for the student to consult with his/her academic advisor.</p>

<p>May I also suggest that you contact the undergraduate scholarship office directly:</p>

<p>TELEPHONE</p>

<p>Local: (205) 348-8201
Toll Free: 1 (800) 933-BAMA (2262)</p>

<p>Wow, I just got off the phone with the undergraduate scholarship office and they told me that a scholarship, such as the Presidential, will NOT be affected if the student drops below 12 credits in a term, even if they were to go as low as 6.</p>

<p>Hope this helps.</p>

<p>That makes sense to me. The scholarship covers 8 semesters only, so the school isn’t risking anything. And lots of AP credits can give her some breathing room.</p>

<p>Personally, I would get that in writing.</p>

<p>^^^Ah, yes. Trust, but verify. :)</p>

<p>Thanks for the good advice.</p>

<p>Got the same info this morning in writing (email). I had no idea!</p>

<p>Makes sense because Bama lets a student use a semester’s worth of scholarship during the summer for 6 credits.</p>