Dual credit courses - confusion on the UC application!

Hi,
I did Running Start my junior year of high school. I received dual credit from the community college and the high school. I’m now filling out the UC application and am unclear if I should list my course work twice - once for 11th grade, and once in the section for college classes taken in high school?
Any help would be much appreciated!

College course work should be listed under the College and not under the HS.

Here is what the UC application guide states:
** If any college/university-level courses were completed while in high school (including those completed as part of a dual enrollment program), applicants can add the college information after completing the high school section. The process is very similar to entering the high school information.
• Applicants should select the course taken, grade earned (or enter IP for In Progress, PL for Planned courses), and the A-G subject area in which the course fits.
• Applicants should only report courses taken for a letter grade; courses in which a Pass/Credit/No Credit grade were earned should not be included.
• UC-transferable courses in all A-G subject areas as well as non UC-transferable English and math courses can be reported in this section of the application.
• If there are other CCC courses that are not UC- transferable or do not meet A-G requirements, applicants should report them in “Other coursework” in the “Activities & awards” section.
• IF college/university courses were not taken at a CCC, applicants should enter each course and grade earned as it appears on the official academic record from the college/university attended.**

Forgive me, what is a CCC? S22 completed a college Econ course last summer, received college credit (did not request HS credit), a grade, and a transcript from the U. of Chicago. I assume this would be reported in the college info. section? Not sure whether it would be UC-transferable or what A-G subject area - how would S22 find out?

Thank you very much!
Do you think I have to ALSO enter the same in two places then - for the college section and for 11th grade? It gives me a warning that course work is missing for 11th grade when I only do it in the one place…
thank you!

1 Like

CCC is a California community college. If a college course is from an OOS University then it could be UC transferable but that is up to the UC’s to determine. For the a-g category, I would put it under G which is a College Prep Elective.

Looking at our local HS a-g course category, Econ is listed under G category.

If OOS, then you can use the link below, type in the name of the course and get CA HS’s with similar courses. Select a HS and it shows which a-g category the course is assigned.

Will the UC application allow you to continue to the College academic history section where you can enter the college courses for 11th? After doing this, is the application still looking for HS 11th grade courses?

1 Like

Wow, you’re so helpful! Thank you so very much! I will try that…

And further, I’m up in Washington so I don’t have the same drop down menu. Do you happen to know if any of these would fit for “G”: Health, Sociology, AP Psychology and Early Childhood Education?

So much appreciation to you!

Actually, after I have gone on to fill out the College classes, it still is asking for 11th grade courses and there is no “check-mark” next to the 11th grade portion…

Health is a non a-g course so you can elect to put in the Activities for non a-g courses or not report.

Sociology, AP Psychology and Early Childhood Education go under Category G for College Prep Elective.

If you cannot bypass the 11th grade academic history, then I would email UC admissions and ask how they want you report these courses.

https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/contact-us.html

Sorry I cannot be more help with the academic history issue.

Make sure you can afford the UC fees of $67k per year.

Non-residents pay full fees at the UCs because these are public universities, funded by state taxpayer dollars. Scholarships are competitive, and very minimal in amounts ($2k-$5k on average).

thank you!

Were you able to figure out how to enter the college course information for 11th and 12th.

Under “Academic History” go to the “Additional Information” tab.
There you will see a warning like:
Missing high school courses

You did not enter courses for the following schools:

12th grade - XYZ HIGH SCHOOL (2023 - 2024)

Select the checkbox for “I confirm that I have no courses to report.”

Then explain, as it requests “Please explain why under additional comments.”

This discussion thread is 2 years old. Closing.