Duke Admissions Regular Decision Fall 2022

Did all of Duke’s merit scholarships come out? I saw on reddit some people got emails yesterday or the day before regarding their finalist status.

1 Like

Were these people who already got in ED or waiting on RD results?

Robertson scholarship finalists came out this week for duke not duke specific merit scholarship

2 Likes

not completely sure, but I remember seeing some RD applicants get one.

1 Like

This is wrong, scholarship finalists at duke came out this week and robertson recipients have already been notified

2 Likes

have international students also notified? I dont see anything such from my region.

Yes you are correct but the duke university specific ones on their website have not come out yet

1 Like

Yes, they process all of them with the basic info. They have formulas plugged in that take your data you entered. They spot check and audit them.

3 Likes

thanks

Curious how many folks applied test optional?

1 Like

From some of ED and EA results I’ve seen, I would think that test optional percentage for most schools are over 50%.

Last year less than half of the applicants to Duke were TO, and a smaller % of the admitted &enrolled pool were TO. The data was discussed by the dean at a family weekend presentation, and has also come up on CC boards before. My guess is that even less applied TO this year, due to much more availability of testing in addition to some released data last spring (by compass prep and others) that indicates for top schools TO can be a harder path to acceptance.

1 Like

Agreed, assuming testing availability is robust, folks who submit test scores would be expected to be at an advantage over those who do not. It’s more information on the applicant…

3 Likes

Any updates / guesses as to the date the decisions will be released?

That’s a big “if” though…testing spots were still quite hard to come by in California for this class. My DD’s seats were cancelled multiple times at the last minute.

1 Like

You seem like a solid applicant, but with a RD acceptance rate under 4%, it’s impossible to truly know what will happen.

I second this. I really don’t think the kids with high SAT/ACT would be better off with other kids applying with T/O. There are many kids who has 4.0 with great ECs and essays but not so good test scores, and some of them will be admitted. However, all things consider equal, the kids with high test scores may have a better chance too.

I agree, my DD test was cancel a couple of times. Some of her friends actually went to a another state to take the test.

Why not just go with what Duke said?
“Students who are unable to or choose not to submit SAT or ACT scores will not be disadvantaged in our consideration of their applications.”

Duke Will Remain Test-Optional for Undergraduate Admissions for 2021-2022 Application Year | Duke Today.

1 Like

We’re all human here. I think it would be incredibly naive to think that a 1600 SAT would not be more impressive than a test optional…

7 Likes