Early Decision Notification Question

<p>Quick questions for the board...</p>

<p>Some Info:</p>

<p>My daughter has applied for Early Admission to the VT Biology Dept. She is from NY & has the following: Many AP classes, National Honor Society for 4 yrs in HS. 3.7-3.8 GPA with SAT scores 1230/1600. Math=610 & CR=620 + MANY xtra curricular activities & community services. We attended the open house Nov 6th. She absolutely LOVES VT, this is her 1st choice school.</p>

<p>Questions..</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Given her above stats; What are her chances for acceptance into the Biology Dept as an out of state student?</p></li>
<li><p>We were told notification was around Dec 15th. How is the student notified??? Is it on the application status page (does the status change from Early Admission Applicant to accepted/deferred,etc), by email or both??</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Thanks in advance for ALL you help & time</p>

<p>I had similar stats as an in-state resident and got accepted early decision. I was notified that the status of my application changed through an email sent to me, which then you log onto the application site and see what they determined.</p>

<p>Thanks Albert, I hope this holds true for out of state students also. Again, thank you for your quick response</p>

<p>Albert do you know if the notification date of december 15 for early decision is rock solid? Or will they send out notification earlier?</p>

<p>By mail it’s a solid date, the online application status can change anytime before I believe. I got my online notice around this time, though I’ve heard people who didn’t see anything until December 15th.</p>

<p>Thanks. Do you know what leads to you finding out earlier or later? Like if you are more qualified you find out earlier etc.</p>

<p>I almost want to say its simply if they reviewed your application at all, I’m not 100% on that though. I’ve heard both people were denied, deferred to regular admissions, and accepted before the early decision date.</p>

<p>Do we get an email or something telling us our application status changed or do we just have to check regularly (this is regarding the notification coming earlier than Dec. 15th)?</p>

<p>Yeah, you get an email sent to you.</p>

<p>This is the most anxious i have ever been. Hope they are sent out soon.</p>

<p>I hear you on that one hopefulvt</p>