Early high school graduate and UC GPA calculations

Hi,
I have a child that will be graduating high school a year early in 2023. Since UC’s will not look at senior year grades will they then look at freshman and sophomore year or only sophomore year? And will the CC courses taken during middle school and freshman year also be taken into consideration for GPA purposes?
Thanks!

The UC’s will look at all grades for the UC application review so 9th-10th but I am unable to find if both years would be used for the GPA calculation or just 10th. Grades for MS a-g courses are not considered but UC transferable CC courses will be included in the application review and GPA calculation.

I suggest you email UC admissions about the GPA calculation.

Email

ucinfo@applyucsupport.net

Telephone

[(800) 207-1710](tel:(800) 207-1710) (within the U.S.)
[(925) 298-6856](tel:(925) 298-6856) (outside the U.S.)

Thank you for your response! There is nowhere to input the college courses taken during middle school though. How do I make sure that those get counted?

Here is a tutorial on reporting College courses presented by UCSB. I would also email UC admissions with any questions specific to your situation ie. Early graduation. You will probably need to explain your student’s situation in the additional comments section. These courses might have to be entered under 9th grade on the application and refer to the additional comment section for further explanation.