ECE/Physics courses question

I have a question regarding several class options my DS has for his Spring semester. In addition to CBH and his STEM MBA courses he is taking ECE 225 (Circuits), Physics 253 (Intro to Modern Physics), and is considering also taking either ECE 382 (microcomputers) or Math 355 (Theory of Probability). Does anyone have an advice on taking ECE 382 vs Math 355 with these other courses.

Is he an eng’g major?

He is a Electrical Engineering/Physics major.

I can’t speak for the ECE classes, but I know that MATH 355 is known to be a very reasonable/easy math class. If your son is familiar with Discrete Math (MATH 301), it is about the same level of difficulty.

Source: CBHer and math major; although I haven’t yet taken 355 myself I’ve spoken to lots of people who have because I might take it next semester

Thank you very much for the information about Math 355. I really appreciate it!

@bamamom18 I’m curious - did your child use AP physics C credit and place into the next level of physics or not?

If so, was the next level up in physics a stretch not having taken an “official” college level intro physics class?

We are pondering a physics/EE major at Bama too next year.

I am unsure whether my student should use AP physics C credit and place into the next level up or to go ahead and take Physics 105 and 106 freshman year.

@nerdyparent The dept is very helpful. Your student could make an appt with the UG advisor and talk to her about the different options and what the dept has experienced in terms of AP content and lab knowledge in comparison to their courses. It may be the case where a final exam for those classes might be taken to give an idea of how well UA’s course content has been mastered if your student is really undecided which direction to take.