ED UMiami

<p>Im a senior in high school in the northeast, and UM is my top choice! I love it, and I'm applying ED.
My SAT is 1260/1940
My GPA is 3.4, but I've taken 6 AP courses, and my high school is 2nd in the state.
My ACT is 28, and 29 superscored. </p>

<p>Think I have a chance??</p>

<p>Please look at section C21 on that attached link and tell me why oh why did you apply ED?</p>

<p><a href=“http://www6.miami.edu/planning-research/CDS1011.pdf[/url]”>http://www6.miami.edu/planning-research/CDS1011.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>If that is a 3.4 weighted, then I’m sorry, but you’ll want to start looking at other schools. If that is unweighted, then you have a chance, assuming that your weighted GPA is around a 3.9+. If you have a 4.0+, then you’re probably in, but you likely won’t get much in scholarships…</p>

<p>it’s unweighted. our school weights on a 4.5 scale I believe</p>

<p>the acceptance rate is rather low for ED, but alot of kids I know who have applied ED, UM is a VERY distant reach. (3.3 W GPA, low scores, etc). so I think that explains alot of it. </p>

<p>if it helps, I’ve a 3 time published poet, played two varsity sports since freshman year, and am president of art club…</p>

<p>If you’ve taken 6 AP courses and you only have a 3.4 out of 4.5, then yeah, your GPA is at the bottom of accepted students</p>

<p>Yeah, to be competitive, you have to have an unweighted GPA of a 3.5+, lots of tough classes, good ec’s, and an sat score of around a 1340 M/R</p>

<p>As other posters have indicated, UMiami is very selective and they are one of the few schools who openly say that EA students have a better chance than ED. However, if it is truly your first choice (and you have very specific reasons for this), it is worthwhile to let them know that explicitly if you get put into the EA or RD pool. My D (who thought UMiami was her first choice) appled EA and was put on the wait list after regular admission. She wrote a strong very specific letter about UMiami (she spent 3 weeks there in a high school summer program) and they took her off the wait list a week letter (before the regular admission reply date) and offered a spot. She ended up at Syracuse and has never regretted her decision, but it is worth communicating with your regional admissions representative if you feel strongly.</p>