Effects of Submitting UC Apps Early?

Is there some kind of advantage of sending in the UC Applications early? As in like super early November? Does that make your application look better or something?

Also, when does UC start reviewing all the applications? Is it after November 30 when everyone submits the applications or do they review as the applications come in?

Submitting your application early has no impact. The UC’s will not look at any of the applications until after the Nov 30 deadline. The only advantage of submitting early is that you will have completed the process and you can move on to other things.

Actually, when we visited UCLA, the admissions counsellor there specifically said (in the admissions session to all of the attending parents/prospective students) that they DO look at the date. They look at the date the application was opened and the date the application was submitted. He said that they are NOT impressed with students who open and submit the applications around/after Thanksgiving. They want students who are eager, prepared and organized, and the application dates tell them who those students are.

SO IMHO, it doesn’t hurt to submit early.

I don’t believe there is any difference! I remember my daughter sent hers minutes before deadline time (though, I certainly discourage you to send that late!), and I still became a UCLA parent (as you can infer from my site’s name).

Since UCLA gets over 100,000 applications, I am sure they would like to encourage submitting early so they do not have the last minute onslaught.