Elon University Class of 2027 Official Thread

Would someone who got an Honors Fellow email forward the text of it (or at least the part that outlines the who/what/where/when)? I’ve been out of town and my daughter told me she got an invite, but given our schedules and time differences, I will have a hard time connecting with her until next week. I asked her to forward the email, but suspect she’s already forgotten… LOL. All I want to do is get dates on my calendar and make sure I know her deadline to respond and any other tasks related to this. Many thanks!

Dates are March 3-4. Starts at noon on the 3rd based on info from the previous year’s link above. I haven’t seen any schedule for this year, yet. Mine never got an email. Just found the acceptance on the portal. Student has to register by Feb 17.

1 Like

We went last year. A few notes…
As with all tours, wear comfortable shoes.
There is not a lot of time between the afternoon sessions and the evening session. If your hotel is far, stay on campus.
We misinterpreted the program and thought that the Friday evening and all day Sat programs were for students only. They weren’t Thank goodness we had some nice clothes with us.
Eat before the evening session.
Daughter was accepted to the Comms Fellows with a Presidential scholarship but chose an Honors program at a different school. It was a tough decision, but the right one for her.
Good luck!

2 Likes

I think they will be done by 3:30 PM at the latest. Depends a bit on what program son/daughter is applying to.

Its a bit later and separate announcement

Hi! My kid was invited for the Business fellow. I’m wondering what is the acceptance rate? Is it tough to be accepted after invite? Any recommendations for the interview during the Fellows weekend? What should he wear? :slight_smile:

1 Like

My thoughts (mom of current BF). The acceptance rate will be unknown. Last year, they apparently accepted similar numbers to the previous year and ended up with far more students in the cohort than expected/desired. (More accepted students ended up attending.) They usually aim for 30 total-ish. My advice is to really know the program and whether it is a good fit. I don’t think the interviews will be a huge factor, but not sure. There will likely be one prof and one senior BF in the interview. I would think business casual, but frankly don’t remember. Here’s my biggest piece of advice. If it truly is a good fit and what he ends up wanting to do … speak up! Make it clear during and after the interviews that you want it and why. It is now very competitive (even to get to fellows weekend - so congrats!) and like all things college … level of interest matters! But they will often know if a student is pretending to be interested.

1 Like

My D is a Business Fellow. Dress is business casual. I think they are looking for students who are motivated and would be good team players since they do things as a cohort. The interview is with a faculty member and a student.

Elon has a co-ed business fraternity that has been really terrific for teaching interviewing and networking skills, AK Psi. Students don’t need to be a business major or Fellow to apply.

3 Likes

My daughter cannot go. They scheduled a zoom interview with her instead.

Thank you!

Has anyone heard about the Scholars Program?

Just Fellows so far. Mine applied for both.

2 Likes

Has Elon filled the class of 2027 with ED (1 and the newly invented 2) applicants? Any spots remaining for regular decision? Who has the inside facts, data on how many ED have accepted?

1 Like

They also has EA which they released in December in addition to ED

In the past, they’ve admitted 200 some in ED. Haven’t seen any info on how many EA have committed. I would think there would still be a good chance in RD.

Is there an ED event going on today?

Yes, there is an on campus event

I know 3 kids who applied RD and got invitations to interview for a Fellows scholarship and received their official acceptance at that time. So while I cannot speak to how many spots there were for RD kids, there were at least 3! I think it would be awful for any college to set a precedent of filling their class with ED applicants. There are so many exceptional students who need time to make a decision or finish visits or whose families simply cannot afford to commit to a school without knowing what financial aid they will receive.

2 Likes

If anyone’s child is interviewing for Business Fellows, there is an elonbf Instagram takeover today by a first year fellow to answer questions.

1 Like

Anyone else at Elon for Fellows Weekend? My son is really enjoying it.

2 Likes