Email from UCSC

<p>I got an email that says “Action Required” for UCSC financial aid. However, when I try to log on to the website, it says there’s an error. </p>

<p>Anyone else getting this?</p>

<p>I got it too. Any ideas?</p>

<p>I got the email, but I didn't have any trouble logging in. It could just be that they are getting the system ready to post admissions decisions.</p>

<p>The "action required" isn't totally immediate. It's just sending in proof of all your financial aid info. It can wait until after you find out you are accpeted.</p>

<p>Alright, thanks.</p>

<p>Oh. It's working now. Haha... I worry too much.</p>

<p>Hah that's good.</p>

<p>and no need to worry if it doesn't work...there are just A LOT of people logging into the site right now, since that email was just sent...so that's just why it isn't working too well one minute, but the next minute it is.</p>

<p>I'm SO SO SO nervous for the decisions. UCSC is my first choice =]</p>

<p>I didn't get that email...
Should I be worried?</p>

<p>I don't know. I doubt it. Check your bulk folder...it was in mine. </p>

<p>I actually got the email twice, so, obviously there are some glitches in the system. &lt;/p>

<p>I doubt it is any sort of hint to admissions or anything, if that's what your worried about.</p>

<p>What are your stats?</p>

<p>UC GPA: 4.17
SATs: 1990
Math lvl 2: 600 (horrible, considering I got 720 on Math in SAT I) Physics: 580 (somewhat fine with that, as my physics teach was horrible)</p>

<p>Uhumm...
4 years of volleyball...co-captain 2 years
Math Club President and Secretary
NHS
CSF</p>

<p>Income <$25K</p>

<p>There's a lot more but that's the gist of it.</p>

<p>Major: Computer Science</p>

<p>Yeah, I pretty much have the EXACT same stats as you. Income is slightly higher...around 40,000...and I applied into Psychology...</p>

<p>I'm pretty sure you have nothing to be worried about. The system is probably just slow.</p>

<p>Ahhh psych.
I'm in a psych class now and am independently studying for the AP exam.</p>

<p>I like psych a lot.</p>

<p>Yeah, I'm in AP psych right now...but I've had an interest in psychology beforehand.</p>

<p>I'm actually planning on doing a double major with psych and neuroscience&behavior....since I'm intending to go into Neuropsychology after college.</p>

<p>Nice!</p>

<p>I'm gonna minor in Math.</p>

<p>(I'm a math nerd =P)</p>

<p>Hahah that's always good. If I end up deciding against psychology.....I'll probably major into Statistics.</p>

<p>I WISH I was more of a math nerd!</p>

<p>Never taken a stats course. I encounter many stats problems though. I think stats is like the "pertaining to real life unless you're an engineer" math.</p>

<p>Yeah, that's pretty much what it is. I think that's why I do well in it. I struggled with Calculus and such..but stats comes really easily to me.</p>

<p>...just wondering, which school is your first choice?</p>

<p>Good luck guys! I hope you get in!</p>

<p>Stanford. But that's a huuuuuuuge long shot for me. But if I get in I get a free ride cuz of my income so I figured I may as well try.</p>

<p>So after that (my likely school) UCSB. They have a good program there for my major and its about 30 mins away from my current home so I know the town pretty well and I absolutely love it.</p>

<p>And you??</p>

<p>Thanks! you too kona!</p>

<p>And yeah...I'm in AP Calc BC right now and it's hands down my favorite class ever. The people in it are amazing...it's a class of 6 and we basically goof off all the time..yet we still learn. Go figure.</p>