Emerging Scholars

<p>Great story in the news today about the Emerging Scholars Program. </p>

<p><a href=“http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/04/more_undergraduates_at_the_uni.html[/URL]”>More undergraduates at the University of Alabama doing research with Emerging Scholars Program - al.com</a></p>

<p>Thanks for the link! Great to read about the Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity Conference that was held yesterday at UA (my son presented a poster on his research).</p>

<p>Yes, thanks for the link! My DD presented her poster yesterday, too. She called me later in the day to say she won 1st place in the biological and physical sciences, mathematics and engineering category. The research is wonderful, but even better is the way she has grown in confidence. I wish I could have seen my reserved little girl answering questions about her poster from strangers. Dad and I are so thankful for all the opportunities she has had at UA!</p>

<p>^Congrats to your DD!</p>

<p>Congrats to all those students who presented posters and gave oral presentations! Heard that it was a great day. :)</p>

<p>S won first prize for Social Sciences!</p>

<p>Congratulations to your D’s and S’s!!</p>

<p>Congratulations, all! My D is excited to begin her research project in the fall. I’ll have to send her the link to the article.</p>