Expectations for student attire at special events

<p>Yes…White House Black Market…there’s one in Midtown Village in T-town.</p>

<p>Chico’s as well. </p>

<p>If you’re simply looking for pieces to mix and match…such as a black skirt, white/colored blouses, anddn coordinating blazers than you can get those pieces anywhere…Macy’s, Dilliards, Penneys, etc.</p>

<p>The Limited has pencil skirts and matching jackets. They tend to be seasonal so white and light colors now and darker when fall arrives. We bought a suit Freshman year for DD…if I remember they had a sale if you bought the skirt and the jacket. </p>

<p>JCrew has a outlet and often time on line will go “Take an extra 30% off” sale items. their clothes are timeless and a little more college girl. We can’t seem to buy enough of their pencil skirts.</p>

<p>We have shopped at White House Black Market…got a cute black strapless taffeta dress on sale.</p>

<p>Banana Republic also has suits and since they are owned by the same parent company as the Gap they have decent sales.</p>

<p>Just a suggestion, I would definitely think about buying your D a classy black dress. With a string of pearls and pearl studs it can pass for many different events!</p>

<p>We LOVE LOVE LOVE Ann Taylor Loft…DD has bought 2 different suits there…they also have good sales.</p>

<p>When you are in Tuscaloosa go to Belk. Because it is a college town and they cater to that type of attire. They have a decent size Lilly Pulitzer dept and I we have bought several sundresses there. Last year when I was there for Mom’s weekend they had a special sale that started at 6 am…we snatched up 3 pairs of shoes, 5 dresses, a pair of Frye boots, a Longchamps bag and spent about half what we would’ve spent normally! It was fantastic! They gave out $25 gift cards to the first 100 people and we won another $50 one.</p>

<p>I will ditto the White House Black Market idea. When the “jock now turned glamour girl” needed interview outfits her senior year of high school, we tried on our own for a while with no luck at all. I teach first grade – my own wardrobe is extremely low key as a result. We walked in there accidentally, found a great saleswoman who guided us through selecting some pieces that would fit a lot of needs, and I ended up crying in the dressing room because it was one of those “my baby is growing up and leaving me moments.” I won’t say it was cheap, but I will say she felt super-confident in them and has found that the pieces we selected were very versatile this first year of school.</p>

<p>Thanks for the great ideas! We have White House Black Market, Ann Taylor and most of the other stores mentioned (not Dillards or Belk) here, so I’ll have to do a reconnaissance mission. Maybe we’ll luck out and get a fabulous salesperson with more fashion know-how than me (well, every salesperson has more fashion know-how than me, so maybe just a helpful salesperson). If we strike out here, we’re coming in a day early for Bama Bound so we can visit the T-Town stores that have been mentioned - maybe they’ll even have good Memorial Day sales going on.</p>

<p>D who is a current junior just got a suit for a few interviews at the Limited.</p>

<p>If you sign up for their emails you will get monthly and weekly specials. Just grabbed her a dress for 50% off, for a honors ceremony.</p>

<p>She has to dress for a few different groups and we have recently been very succesful at Limited & Limited Express.</p>

<p>Also currently New York Co has a darling spring black white and red line that Im sure could be worn all the way to October and double for game day.</p>

<p>D wears dress wedges to school events, Finds them easier to walk across campus in. Or changes from flats to heels once she has arrived.</p>

<p>WhitLo: Guys, too, change their tastes in clothing. At UA, my son got into Polo, Haggar, Brooks Brothers, Guy Harvey t-shirts, flat-front shorts, New Balance tennis shoes and Sperrys. Also has several pairs of flip flops. Well, at least some can be worn in business casual/formal settings. It also has inspired his younger brother, who is a HS sophomore, to dress a little better. A lot more polos these days. Meanwhile, my husband has a new wardrobe – hand-me downs from his oldest son (and all of it very nice stuff, too).</p>