Fall 2012 Decisions

<p>Anyone hear yet? My son is anxiously awaiting a decision. Status says application is being reviewed.</p>

<p>Same here.</p>

<p>Nothing yet. My S sent app in Sept., he must check MY UW ten times a day. Fingers crossed for both of them. Good luck!</p>

<p>Last year I didn’t hear about my acceptance until very early January, I know they had a few problems with the decision making process last fall so I’m unsure if it will take that long to get back to applicants applying this fall but I was also in the first group of acceptances.</p>

<p>Even in the years prior to the influx, the best of students were not getting accepted until well into November. I’m usually pretty anxious about this sort of thing, but even I know better than to expect a response within the first four weeks or so.</p>

<p>Last year many of the kids did not hear until end of November through December depending when UW received the application. My son applied close to October deadline and did not hear until right after Christmas time. Good luck to all. It is quite a process and college condidential really was such a support to me as a parent.</p>

<p>What makes me so anxious is that there’s a thread on this site from last year many people say once the status changes from “We have received your application and are reviewing your file ect” to “Your application is currently being reviewed” they have found out in less than a week.</p>

<p>I don’t know which thread you’re talking about but I’ve had the “currently being reviewed” status for over a week and nothing’s changed. </p>

<p>Trust me, they get a lot more applications than any of the other UW schools. It’ll be a while.</p>

<p>I called today and they said no decisions going out until November 1st. Still going to check status daily though!</p>

<p>Metzmom, thanks for sharing!!</p>

<p>Thank you Metzmom! I’ll probably still check everyday too, it’s almost a habit now haha</p>

<p>I was looking at my status today and saw that it changed from “your app is being reviewed by an admission counselor, check back here for a decision” to “Your application is being reviewed by one of our admission counselors. During the review we may request additional materials. You will be notified by email when a decision is made so that you can check back here for updates on your application status.” Anyone have any idea what “additional materials” could refer to? Should I be worried?</p>

<p>My D got the same status change. I think it is a boiler plate message given to everyone and just a sign of getting closer to decision. It says “may” request, not “will” request.</p>

<p>Camby2012,
My S’s status changed to the same statement yesterday. He applied in mid-September. Did you apply around that same time? To Staman’s point, probably a boilerplate change, maybe for apps received in a certain window? My S’s birthday is next week, praying for good news and a happy birthday!! :)</p>

<p>anyone who got that notification changed, what major you applied for?</p>

<p>Major does not matter to UW for admissions, everyone gets admitted to the university as a whole, regardless of intended school/college/major. They only ask for a proposed major to place you with the appropriate SOAR advisor next summer.</p>

<p>My son’s status changed to that same message also. Hopefully that means he will hear very soon!</p>

<p>why mine is still like this: "We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Once we confirm receipt of required materials your application will proceed to a counselor for review.</p>

<p>Visit the Notifications page to view important messages. Check back here for updates on your application status."</p>

<p>:(</p>

<p>Hoping so Metzmom! :slight_smile: You said earlier that admissions told you around Nov 1st…and so the countdown begins. In the meantime, we’ll be watching the UW-OSU game tomorrow night, Go Badgers!</p>

<p>Nova88, I applied the first week of October. It seems that a decision is getting closer! Good luck to you, metzmom, and everybody waiting to hear back! :)</p>