Fall 2013 Bills Are Up on MyBama

<p>Never mind! Just checked again and it’s there! Patience is a virtue. :)</p>

<p>I didn’t see work study listed. We accepted that for the financial package. Should I wait to confirm and call to check it out?</p>

<p>Does anyone know if you can opt for the payment plan and pay by credit card?</p>

<p>Yes, you can pay by credit card.</p>

<p>I paid our July payment by credit card and Sallie Mae charged a $14 convenience fee. I am sticking with e-check payments going forward.</p>

<p>There is no credit card fee surcharge when you pay the school directly. There is a credit card surcharge if you use your credit card with the payment plan (not the deferred payment, but the installment payment plan).</p>

<p>Thanks everyone. I was trying to figure out if it would be possible to break even on the convenience fee if I used a rewards credit card which could give cash back. If the convenience fee is $14 per month it probably won’t work however.</p>

<p>DS will have a credit. We can’t figure out how he sets up the Direct Deposit.</p>

<p>The web site instructions state to go to mybama,sign-in, open the Student Services folder, then the Student Receivables folder, and click on Create/ Change Direct Deposit Information and complete the requested info.</p>

<p>We can’t find the Student Receivables folder – Are we missing seeing it or is it not yet available?</p>

<p>Longhaul I just checked my D’s and the folder is there.</p>

<p>Does this help? [Finance</a> - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://studentreceivables.ua.edu/Howto.html]Finance”>http://studentreceivables.ua.edu/Howto.html)</p>

<p>It is not the Student Receivables “icon” button in the middle of all the other “icons”…it is off to the far left side. On our computer, at least…</p>

<p>On a list on the left side of the Student tab page</p>

<p>So the difference from the mandatory freshman meal plan ($1578) and the GREEK 55 is about $1100 … Correct?</p>

<p>And, if a PNM receives a Bid, then her student account will reflect that immediately after Bid Day and the difference will be released into her account, or, if an overage, transferred into the Direct Deposit account ?</p>

<p>Or is the difference sent to the sorority?</p>

<p>Trying to figure out exactly how, when, what and HOW MUCH all this financial pain is going to occur.</p>

<p>I believe this was discussed before (can’t find the thread right now), but the meal plan credit appears on your UA account and is refunded via direct deposit. That is why setting up the direct deposit option is so important. </p>

<p>Sorority bills are all separate from UA. The sorority meal plan will be included in the bill from the chapter house (and may be administered on Greek Bill for some if not most houses).</p>

<p>By “posting” does that mean that the NMF stipend of $500/semester will not even appear on the bill until September??? </p>

<p>There is no indication of it at all on DD’s bill as it stands now.</p>

<p>The NMF stipend has to go TO the NMCorporation, and then get sent back to Bama since it’s the official NMF scholarship. That’s why there is a delay. </p>

<p>I think it shows up either late Aug or mid Sept. If you have a positive balance, you can just have it credited to a credit card that you used or direct-deposited into a checking acct.</p>

<p>So, if you use a credit card to pay for $500 worth of stuff on your child’s bill, then that stipend money will come in and Bama will credit your credit card.</p>

<p>Thank you. I suppose they will send an email?</p>

<p>I have to give BIG PROPS to the Financial Aid Dept: I sent them an email just after seven am this morning AND THEY RESPONDED AT 7:35 IN THE MORNING!!! Less than thirty minutes turn-around and before office hours!!! WHO DOES THAT???</p>

<p>BAMA CONTINUES TO AMAZE.</p>

<p>Roll Tide, ROLL !!!</p>