Fall 2013 Bills Are Up on MyBama

<p>I thought they had said that it would be available on July 22nd, but I just checked and the Fall 2013 information is available!</p>

<p>My D’s Presidential Scholarship is not showing up under “Projected Credits”. Hoping it’s just a glitch and all will be fixed soon. Anyone else?</p>

<p>I just checked my student bill on mybama after seeing this. At the bottom where the payment credits are listed, it lists two scholarships I received and the federal subsidized and unsubsidized loans I took out. However, it does not list my Presidential scholarship which will cover my tuition. Is this normal, or should I e-mail someone about this? Also, I have another large scholarship that I should be receiving the check for around August 1st. How will I need to go about having that applied to my account? Could I simply mail it to the university, or should I take it and give it to them personally? (I only live about an hour away.)</p>

<p>I’m also missing the Presidential…My guess is it probably isn’t entered in the system just yet</p>

<p>Presidential – Son’s shows under ‘PAYMENT’ not under projected credit.</p>

<p>The National Merit $1,000 amount is not showing anywhere on son’s.<br>
The National Merit housing is showing as Payment.</p>

<p>Is there a printer friendly version?</p>

<p>TwoXCollege: Ok, so I’m not the only one!</p>

<p>Same problem with scholarships. I called receivables today and they told me there will be adjustments done over the weekend and new amounts (if applicable) can be seen on Monday. They said nothing specific about scholarships. Essentially, just that they are still working on receivables and not all amounts shown are necessarily correct.</p>

<p>I just called to find out how to get an electronic copy of the tuition bill for my 529 plan, and they said that the bills are not officially available yet. They are doing some kind of testing today and that’s why the info is showing up in myBama. Students will receive an e-mail on July 22 notifying them that bills are officially available and payments can be made at that time.</p>

<p>FYI, you will need to call or e-mail to request an electronic copy of the bill to send to a 529 plan. You won’t be able to access it via myBama (at least according to the woman I spoke with).</p>

<p>Even if the bills and scholarship amounts aren’t finalized, it seems that you can confirm your Fall 2013 schedule.</p>

<p>hwilges - My son had a couple of scholarship checks sent to him at home. We called the student receivable and they said we could either mail them in or hand deliver them. If the check is made out to you and the university you will also need to cosign. Since my son is going to Camp 1831, we have opted to hand deliver versus risking USPS (and he can co-sign there). If you hand deliver the checks, the credit your student account immediately.</p>

<p>You should call them to decide how you want to get them the check.</p>

<p>twomutts: Thanks for the info! I believe I will hand deliver the check either way. I live close enough to do so, and I would feel more comfortable knowing it got there.</p>

<p>D’s GI Bill and Presidential are both missing, hopefully they will show Monday…I would prefer UA owes you at the bottom than what it says now!</p>

<p>I just checked and all of DD’s scholarships are up - Presidential and housing are in payments, engineering is a pending credit. Her net bill sill be a negative (credit) once meal plan is adjusted to Greek 55.</p>

<p>Everyone might want to check again Monday - I’ll bet most of the issues are resolved by then. I still give UA credit - DD1’s school starts the same day, but I won’t see the bill (schollies are up) till the week before school starts.</p>

<p>How do you"confirm" your schedule???</p>

<p>Click on Student Receivables under Student Tab</p>

<p>View Student Account for Fall 2013
Under line “YOUR FALL 2013 SCHEDULE IS NOT CONFIRMED”,
hover pointer over word “Confirm/Pay” and click
Next page asks you to Pay your balance or elect deferral.
When you select one of these options andcomplete the process, you get a
message that “Your schedule has been confirmed…”</p>

<p>When are the nmf stipends usually posted?</p>

<p>NMF stipend usually posts at the end of September/beginning of October. For those of you who are new, make sure the kiddos set up a direct deposit for refunds but note: if you paid anything (i.e. fees, etc.) the credit goes back to the card that paid that, even if there is a direct deposit set up.</p>

<p>meremom, if you know, when you elect ‘deferral’ what does that mean, exactly? we are waiting on 2 outside scholarships to post before confirming, because I have no idea how the deferral option works. I was just going to wait until August 8th and hope they come through by then.</p>

<p>It would be making the choice to make payments rather than one lump amount. </p>

<p>We went with this option (even though it says it costs $30 to do so) so that we don’t have to pay anything up front. DD will be getting a refund, so it is worth $30 (to me, if I even have to pay it) to avoid paying money up front that will just be refunded later - and I avoid having to pull money out of investments.</p>

<p>My D’s Presidential is still not showing. Haven’t had a chance to call about it yet.</p>