Family Weekend (Meet and Greet)?

<p>TCBY at 8 sounds great to us! Good idea! We are going to try to squeeze in maybe 9 holes at Ol Colony and then grab a quick bite, or maybe just some FroYo… :)</p>

<p>Can we please make it 5 or 6:00 pm instead? the Family weekend Beach Bash event is from 7-9 Friday evening and there is also a soccer game @ 7 pm Friday…</p>

<p>Thanks HersheyBear for suggesting a place. We are doing the Family weekend events to earlier or later would be good for me too.</p>

<p>I wasn’t paying attention to the activities planned. We’ll shoot for 6:00PM.</p>

<p>If any of you are interested in picking up some essentials for easy tailgating Sams Club had a great selection of affordable and useful tailgating merchandise last weekend. Bama insulated, wheeled coolers, red collapsible, wheeled wagons, folding Bama chairs with cases, and monogrammed Bama blankets all make for an easy tailgating experience on the quad and can be added to and reused over the years. Throw in some ice, your favorite beverage, mini hoagies with sandwich meat and toppings also from their deli/bakery, your favorite snacks, and a few disposable paper products and you’re good to go! The wheels make everything easy to transport everything so you can relax and enjoy yourself. Have fun everyone! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>We love to park at the lot across from Arby’s then watch the band practice at Butler Field. Once they disband, we head on down to the Quad and sample the food vendors. There is a place that sells some great jambalaya. We also hit the Applebee’s van and get some stuff for son there. Last year, we visited the Natural History Museum and just loved it. The biology department had specimens out front that were so cool. First year, we did the President’s Mansion Tour, and if this is available again, take advantage of it. We’ll be sitting in the nosebleed seats that you get with the Parents Weekend package, and although I don’t enjoy the walk up, I do enjoy getting to meet the other parents up there. Hopefully, I’ll get to meet some of y’all this weekend. Have a great time and safe travels to BAma this weekend!</p>

<p>I also hope to meet many of y’all this weekend. Remember to pack your swimsuits for the beach/pool party. </p>

<p>Montegut, it looks like Applebee’s chose not to return to campus for football games this year. As Dr. Bailey lives in the President’s Mansion whereas Dr. Witt did not for the last several years, it will likely not be open for tours. The Gorgas House is reopen after renovations, so you may want to visit that.</p>

<p>^^^Thanks for the tip, Seatide! We will see if we can visit Gorgas House. Have always wanted to tour it. Thanks for the reminder of that addition to the bucket list! Will let son know about Applebee’s. We went inside Lloyd Hall for food the first year, and we can see if there’s anything there he would like as well. I’m sure we’ll be able to find something. I do remember there were a lot of families with young kids who were the more chicken tenders and fries crowd, so there’s sure to be something for everyone!</p>

<p>We have high school football game Friday night in Montgomery area, but will be out on the Quad bright and early – I’ll be the one with the white canopy and wearing the crimson shirt… ha. Once I know more about where I will be I will post it, or if there will be some of you gathering on Satuday, let us know – daughter and some of her friends are going to set stuff up Friday afternoon/evening on the Quad. This will be the first time we’ve tailgated on the Quad vice over by the band practice field - should be interesting.</p>

<p>We just won tickets from a benefit auction, so we are going to be there Saturday also!! I’m so excited!</p>

<p>Where are people staying this weekend?</p>

<p>The Ambassador Inn. I am a bit of a hotel snob, who has not had the best experiences with hotels in T-Town. Here is to hoping for a pleasant surprise. However, I would sleep in a tent as long as I get to see DD. Counting down the hours!!</p>

<p>Yellow Hammer Inn. Leaving tomorrow and spending the night in Jackson, most likely. Excited!!</p>

<p>Flight is 6AM tomorrow - can’t wait! </p>

<p>We are doing a campus tour on Friday with DS (a junior) while DD is in class. DD is not sure how much time she can spare for us, so I may resort to peeking in windows for a glimpse of her…</p>

<p>I am telling myself that the upside of her being “too busy” is that she is settling in and enjoying things there. And I imagine she will find time to see us if it involves a free dinner and trip to Target for groceries. :)</p>

<p>Thanks for all of the tips on CC for arranging tours; DS has an amazing agenda for Friday.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Wingate -</p>

<p>colobamamom - we’ll be the other west coast bleary-eyed arrivals tomorrow. Girls groaned about the 6:45 am flight but they weren’t taking the other option - stay home. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>We are staying at the Fairfield Inn Tuscaloosa. </p>

<p>A friend just called who had reservations at America Best Value Inn on McFarland that she will have to cancel, so if anyone is still looking for a Ttown property, there may be an opening! She got it at a cheap price and will lose her prepaid rate, but she couldn’t get away this weekend.</p>

<p>Hoping to meet some of y’all either at the Parents Tailgate or the Quad or watching the Band or even up in the nosebleed section!</p>

<p>Have a great time and enjoy the weekend!</p>

<p>We are staying in Hoover, AL and driving in each day. We were originally booked at the LaQuinta, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. :)</p>

<p>That LaQuinta in Ttown just is in a bad location. That corner (south of the interstate) is just an ugly unkept mess.</p>

<p>“We were originally booked at the LaQuinta, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.”</p>

<p>:) That’s probably for the best. :)</p>

<p>Could someone please tell me why I cannot figure out the quote commands? Seriously, I should be able to do that!</p>

<p>to socal2bama … see ya at the airport?!? We land in Birmingham around noon. We thought we were getting to Ttown in time to see DD midday but forgot her classes run late on Thursdays. Oops. But we will still happily wander the Quad and enjoy the southern hospitality.</p>

<p>@ Montegut: we are staying at the Fairfield Inn too so we will pass at breakfast time. </p>

<p>Can’t wait!!!</p>