Fellows invitations releasing 1/31!

Hmmm…could they have meant 5PM Central, Mountain, Pacific?

@nik12345 - it definitely said EST

@sunnyschool - the article didn’t mention how many for each area were invited just how many are given out.

I’ve been wondering that too. I know Teaching Fellows ends up with 25, but how many are invited to interview?

Ugh…

I’ve been trying to stay out of this today and was irritated that my D hadn’t let me know about invites … now I see why. I am embarassingly nervous.

@cheers2020 @mamawitch

Here’s the answer…this is a lot of attendees for the small numbers chosen,
Thanks for the info @peacelovejoy :smile:

In 2018 573 students were at the Fellows weekend.

https://www.elonnewsnetwork.com/article/2018/03/fellows-weekend-2018

@onemoremom12 - I am right there with you! My son is letting me hit refresh as he hangs out with his friends without a care in the world. :slight_smile:

Thanks @sunnyschool. I wish they menitoned how many were chosen to interview for each.

How long before we give up and move on with our evening? Geez!

They just posted!

Ugh…

She’s at work now ?

Edit… (@cheers2020)

She just texted me from work. She has been invited to interview!!
(1 of 573??!!)

They are posted! Check email then check portal.
My son did get an invite (Business Fellows).

Finally! Honors and Business invite…

2 Likes

Oh no @ mamawitch. Hopefully she doesn’t have to work too late.

Anyone who applied for Leadership hear?

Congrats everyone!

If parents are invited we will all have to meet for a drink :slight_smile:

Last year was 200 at Fellows weekend.

@cheers2020 I’m going and will gladly meet for a drink!! ?

@peacelovejoy 200 sounds much more doable. I was beginning to wonder if everyone that applied got an invitation to interview!

@peacelovejoy

Interesting…realized the 573 attendees (article linked above) was from 2018 and I did hear they made changes last year. So perhaps it is more streamlined to give those investing the time/expense in attending Scholars/Fellows weekend a pretty good chance of getting accepted (and much easier to run an event with 200 than almost 600!)

@Sound6 Can I ask was the Honors Fellows invite separate from the Business Fellows invite? I thought Honor’s fellows weren’t invited to the weekend, they just found out they were accepted (can’t remember where I read that now though). Were there 2 different invites?

Anyone else Honor’s invite/acceptances? If no Honors now does that mean a no? I thought it was rolling through April 1st.

@peacelovejoy How did you hear that there were only 200 fellows invited last year? That is a huge (welcome) change.