Final transcript and BamaBound

<p>The question about applying early and sealed transcripts made me realize that we hadn’t thought about final high school transcripts. If they are going to the first weekend BB at the end of this month, will there be enough time for mailed in transcripts to be processed or should they take sealed copies? </p>

<p>I don’t think you need final transcripts for BB. I know my D didn’t have them - her BB was before she graduated or even took her high school finals.</p>

<p>Thanks. We’ll just mail them in then. </p>

<p>While you don’t need the final transcript to attend BB, if your student will have AP credit, you might want to expedite the sending of transcripts to Bama!</p>

<p>There were a couple of threads last year where some students had problems when attempting to register for classes where the AP class was a prerequisite. At Bama, like almost every school, registration is computer-based and the prereq’s are hard-coded into the system. </p>

<p>The threads last year seemed to indicate that different colleges/schools at Bama handled the situation differently. In a few instances overrides were provided while in other cases the school required the transcript to post and no overrrides provided - even for Presidential scholars. </p>

<p>My DD came in with 24 hours of AP credit and a Presidential scholarship -we were at BB about a week before her transcript posted. She and other kids in her situation were told to register for other classes or register for the class you don’t need and then add/drop once the prereq’s were in the system. </p>

<p>It all worked out in the end, but was a little frustrating on that day. </p>

<p>My daughter had a problem when she was getting ready for Bama Bound because I never thought to send her AP scores to them in time for Bama Bound. It was the first year they were switching to a new online system and through the help of some kind person at the AP, I was able to get them in the nick of time. It was helpful to have this information at Bama Bound.</p>