Financial Aid Packages/ Singer scholars?

<p>That is a shame. If they could have “converted” the Coral Grant to a Miami Grant (academically based instead of need based) - perhaps that would not have been reduced by an outside scholarship… Only way to know is to call admissions and/or financial aid to ask if they can do anything to help your son.</p>

<p>

Cristi Busto is one of the higher-up admissions officers and her specific role is high-achieving student outreach. So she targets the high-achieving students and tries to grab them… which makes sense considering she’s the one who coordinates the Stamps/Singer weekends.</p>

<p>Im a freshman in my highschool. Im going to into my sophomore year soon. Do any Singer applicants have any tips on what I should do for the next couple years and what courses/goals academically/ECs I should have? I would really appreciate it. Also what are Stamps?
Thanks</p>

<p>Basketballer, Stamps is Miami’s top scholarship. It is a full ride scholarship that includes everything, including tuition, room, board, books, fees, travel expenses, computer, etc plus a $12,000 stipend. Google Stamps Family Foundation and it will tell you more about it. The Stamps family generously funds scholarships at many schools.</p>

<p>Thank you, I looked at the application process and I have a question regarding Early Action. The only way I can go to this school is if I receive the Singer/Stamps scholarship so if I apply and get accepted but do not get these scholarships, what do I do? I cannot afford this school without it.</p>

<p>Early action is non binding, so there is no liability to applying early unless you wanted to apply to a single choice early action school. If you want to be considered for Stamps, apply early action. I know in one of these threads, there was someone who received a lesser scholarship, but other grants and financial aid actually equaled getting Singer. My only other recommendation is apply for LOTS of outside scholarships. There is a lot of money out there, and some are relatively easy to win for a strong candidate. Some are very competitive, but if you look at local ones especially, the money can add up.</p>