Financial Aid Packages

<p>Does anyone know how generous UM's financial aid packages are? My efc is about 3000, and I received a $24,000 merit scholarship from them, but I know my family can't make up that difference. Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>Hey! I received a scholarship for $24000 too, and my EFC was ~9000. If you applied EA to Miami, and you have a MyUM account, you may want to check that site today. I got an email today that directed me there. I received roughly $6000 and a chance at another $3000 from work study. Hope this helps some!</p>

<p>I guess they use the FAFSA EFC calculation?</p>

<p>I just got an email from the UM financial aid office and I checked MyUM account and I got $39,820 total! (that’s including the $24,000 scholarship) I’m so happy, hope everyone else fairs as well as I did.</p>

<p>Yess, I got plenty :D</p>

<p>I faired well as well! But are these final? My state school is still cheaper since they offered me money… Would I be able to ask for a little more to appease my parents?</p>

<p>As a general rule, I believe that colleges will try and work with you if you think that you really can’t afford what they’ve given you. Give their financial aid office a call and see if you can work something out.</p>

<p>on the MyUM site, it says my total financial aid awards is $38850! and also $7000 in loans if i choose to accept it. My EFC was 1783</p>

<p>I think they’re very good with Financial Aid. I didn’t receive an merit scholarships but when I got my FA email yesterday they decided to give me $17000 per year in grant money. They also gave me 3000 per year in work study and about 15000 in low interest loans if I choose to accept them. So go Canes!</p>

<p>where on MyUm can you find the financial aid package?</p>

<p>Student, then Financial. Then click “Current Financial Aid Awards” and choose Fall 2010-2011.</p>

<p>ah alright thanks. and if we’ve been accepted and it says “You have no current Financial Aid awards to view at this time.” then it means nothing, or nothing just yet? Also, when do we find out about need based aid?</p>

<p>MyUM lists need based aid in the financial aid package.</p>

<p>that’s weird. it says on the acceptance packet in the “information to come” section that financial packages are yet to come. is there still hope? haha…</p>

<p>I’ve had problems sending in a few parts that the financial aid office requires so I went there today. The Fin. Aid office is very helpful and i’m sure that they will work with you to be able to afford UM</p>