Curious about financial aid...

Has anyone else been surprised(not positively) with their aid package? The only think that shows up is my merit award, and small work study/loan options. No grants or anything. This leaves my net price well over double my expected family contribution… Is anyone else in a similar position? Thanks!

Have you accepted your admission decision yet? Did you get your financial aid package via Canelink or via mail?

No I havent, and it should be on cane link in the student center!! @happy2go2school‌

@JPruneski8‌ did you get an email notifying you that the financial aid is available on CaneLink? I still didnt get anything, and cane still shows “access inquiry denied”

@JPruneski8‌ . I suggest you call or email them.,

My S got the FinAid letter & email similar to what u described. The only thing that shows up is his $26K President’s Scholarship under the header “Grants and scholarships from your school”, and a small work study/loan options.

If we run the College Board NPC from UM website, My S should be getting a lot of grant money. UM FinAid offer seems completely incorrect. We sent an email to UM asking for clarification. Not sure when or whether they will respond on time!!!

Call the financial aid office.They don’t bite.

We can access the Financial Aid Package in canelink today. Except for 19k president scholarship, two other scholarship bring the total award to 31k. Still a big gap to our EFC, looks like we have to decline the offer.

Does receiving an academic scholarship result in need based financial aid being reduced?

Finally we got the news today. My S is awarded Singer Scholarship. What a relief. Thank you all for your support and information.

If you don’t mind me asking, for those of you that received merit scholarships, what were your stats? Thanks:)

No

We didn’t “feel the love” either with our son’s package and will probably be declining as well. Spoke to FA and Admissions and while they were very nice, they could not offer any additional aid, despite the large EFC gap. (*They said it was because my son was not in the top 10% of his class he did not qualify, which really stinks when you come from a highly competitive top ranked high school.)

hey did you ever get your financial aid figured out?