Financial Aid/ Singer Scholarship

<p>Hello all,
I recently received the Singer Scholarship and couldn't have been more thrilled! However, I do have a question in regards to this scholarship and financial aid. Before I was notified of the Singer I had received about a 25k scholarship and about 16k in grants give or take. After the scholarship my grants were taken away and ultimately replaced with just the Singer Scholarship. Yet, the problem is now that I have the Singer I'm actually receiving less money in total from the U than when I didn't have the scholarship. I'm thinking that perhaps the University made a mistake when removing all of the grant money they gave me originally before the Singer. Has this happened to anyone else? Thoughts? Thanks so much!</p>

<p>I would contact Cristi Busto immediately to see. Sometimes mistakes are made.</p>

<p>Usually the singer scholarship replaces all merit aid offered from the school. if your scholarships were from outside funds, or for financial aid, then you should still keep them. But yeah definitely email Cristi, and I’m sure she could twist some arms in the financial aid offices to help you out. If you’ve already gotten a singer scholarship, the admissions folks will fight on your behalf to attend this school</p>