Financial Aid... Uh Oh

<p>So I will be attending Bama, for probably the next six years. I work in a local rest, where I don’t make much money. Especially now that summer is coming around. I am seriously struggling to make rent and everything else! I applied for financial aid, and of course it’s paying for classes but I was hoping to have a little bit extra to pay bills and what not while I am in class. I have 900$ Extra… which will pay for books, and one months rent! I unfortunately completely ruined my credit the first time around, and no one in my family can help me. I have been working on fixing my credit, but theres only so much you can do when your poor. I’m at a loss at what to do. I really need more money from financial aid, but I don’t know how to get it! HELP ME PLEASE!</p>

<p>Try posting this in the Financial Aid forum. You might get some good suggestions there. </p>

<p>Have you considered ROTC? Look into the Crimson Tide Battalion.</p>

<p>Are you living in T-town? Maybe you need to find a higher paying job. What you currently doing. </p>

<p>Are you old enough to be a waiter? They make the most money. Over in Midtown Village there’s a new Greek restaurant going in across from Wings U, so they will soon be hiring. Wings U was hiring, don’t know if they are now. Get a jump on jobs before the other students arrive in August. </p>

<p>What is your major? You might consider doing a co-op.</p>

<p>Also try book rental and used books. That way, you can save more of that $900!</p>

<p>I work at a wings rest already, and trust me its not that great, im 24. Civil Engineering major. and ROTC heck no… I was in the navy, didn’t finish my 4 years so I didn’t get the GI Bill.</p>

<p>Did you call the financial aid office and ask them if there are any other options available to you? If not, do so.</p>

<p>A couple of things popped to mind –

• Garcia last name? have you looked into the HSF or other hispanic foundations for scholarships, many are need based.</p>

<ul>
<li><p>Programs/organizations that promote women/minorities going into STEM areas of study. </p></li>
<li><p>Have you checked out the Co-Op program? </p></li>
</ul>

<p>Good Luck.</p>

<p>Are you a server at Wings U? Are you not making much there?</p>

<p>Are you an incoming frosh?</p>

<p>What is in your current FA package?</p>

<p>I’m guessing…</p>

<p>5550 Pell
9500 student loans</p>

<p>How much can you earn in a year at Wings U?</p>

<p>Definitely look into co-op programs.</p>