Financial Aid??

<p>I recently applied EA and I do not think I am eligible for a scholarship as I don't have a combined CR and Math SAT of 1350. How much other aid can I expect to get? Are they generous with other grants? I want to take out as little loans as possible. Miami is my dream school and I don't want money to hold me back.</p>

<p>Can I ask what your stats are? Just because you didn’t have a 1350 SAT doesn’t mean you’re automatically disqualified from scholarships. Miami looks at your entire application holistically; the 1350 cutoff is just a guideline to see if you’re on track for scholarships. But other than merit scholarships, the Miami website says that they will match 100% of your need. Now, this also takes into account loans and work study as well as grants, so you might have to pay some of it anyway over the course of a few years. I just applied EA as well, so as far as the proportion of loans to other forms of aid they give I can’t say. But you have a good chance at getting a considerable amount of money from the school. And if your first financial aid package isn’t what you’re looking for, you can always negotiate. Hope this helped!</p>