Financial Aid

That’s because there was something in their application that made them stand out and be the type of student that the school wants. It is not always about stats

How did you guys send your financial documents?

You need to complete fafsa application.

I did. I completed my fafsa and my CSS profile, but UM also wants copies of tax returns and W-2’s. I just want to know how to send them in. Do I just make copies and mail them?

^^ You can Mail them or even send them in Email as attachments to ofas@miami.edu

For the tax return, you will need to get a transcript from the irs. Usually, the transcript is not available until 3 weeks after you file. The w2 ’ s can be sent via email to ofas@MAIMI.EDU. JUST put your child’s student ID number. They will process the financial aid without these documents. They won’t post the aid until the information us verified.

@CaliCash‌ @rightofway‌ What else cou of I have done? I was a varsity golf captain the last two years, all conference athlete the last three years, qualified for the FBLA national conference, lots of community service, NHS member, and more. I just don’t get it. The other kids must have had some pretty awesome ec’s to get so much.

• What else could I have done?

@jahbasketball‌ That’s a good question. I’m wondering what more I could’ve done. I got zero

It is the luck of the draw.

question: when do we find out our “financial aid” packages? Not just the merit awards…but the need based amounts, etc? The whole thing spelled out for us? Need to get applications in on Stafford Loan, and other small parent loan and can’t figure out when to do this…thanks