Financial Aid

<p>today i filled out my fafsa and my css profile. my efc or w.e. was like 454 or something. </p>

<li>what does this mean </li>
<li>did i file my financial aid too late (mid march) to expect much?</li>
<li>i was accepted already, but no scholarship inside the admissions packet. does this mean i dont get scholarships when they send me financial aid, or am i wrong?</li>
<li>follow up to 3, what type of financial aids will i get</li>
<li>what can i do to get myself some more financial aid outside of the fafsa</li>
<li>when will they respond to let me know about it? i want to go to nyu and miami so i would like to make my decision sooner rather than later, but money is a big problem for my family.</li>
</ol>

<p>thanks in advance</p>

<p>Usually you would want to file for FASFA and CSS much earlier than this, but you should be all right?</p>

<p>EFC is the amount of money the government believes that your family can afford to give for your education annually.</p>

<p>If you didn't receive a notice of a scholarship in your packet, you are not eligible for any merit-based money.</p>

<p>UM is quite good about financial aid, and with a low EFC, you can expect quite a bit of money in the form of grants (money you don't have to pay back), loans, and work-study.</p>

<p>Other than that, I don't know how much I can tell you until you actually hear back from UM about your financial aid.</p>

<p>thanks man i appreciate it...</p>

<p>also is there a certain time i should expect to see my financial aid package??
i dont know if the financial aid process is as slow as everything else in the admissions process.</p>