Finding an On-Campus Job and Grants for University of Miami - An international studen

<p>Does anyone know how competitive finding work on-campus in the U will be? I am trying to look for a job to help pay for some of my tuition fees and for my living. I am an international student therefore I will not be able to work off-campus unless it is specific to my course and I get an allowance from the U.
Also, how easy is it to find grants? I didn't get a scholarship for the U.
And as an international student you can't gain a scholarship whilst you studying in UM right? It's only when you apply?</p>

<p>Bump! Bumpity bump</p>

<p>UMiami has an Office of Student Employment. I would contact them.</p>

<p>It’s pretty easy to find a job on campus, and it should be the same for an international student (minus any governmental stuff you have to go through, which you’ll have to deal with at any university).</p>

<p>I have a friend from China who works on campus and could put you in touch with him if you want. If I remember correctly, he wasn’t able to work during his first year at the school for some reason… it might have been because he was in the intensive english program rather than an actual freshman, though.</p>