FIT Fall 2021 Admissions

Heyy guyss I got into the AMC program earlier today! I was “advanced standing” but not a presidential scholar. I honestly think its all a bit random so dont get discouraged!

6 Likes

congrats!!!

1 Like

Hello and congratulations!! Quick question: How do you know if you are in “advanced standing?”

Any good news/updates amongst the fashion design people yet?

1 Like

Nah not yet…

The suspense is killing me!

2 Likes

Hi guys, I just got in! I am in the FBM program and I am an advanced standing student (I have taken AP classes and have transferable credits due to those APs). I wish you all good luck. Also don’t worry if your financial aid portal is not filled with green checkmarks. My COA was $0 since forever and stayed that way all day. I had an exclamation point instead of a green checkmark at number 3 on the checklist. Wishing luck to all of you. Stay positive! ill answer any questions.

3 Likes

Ik but according to the supposed timeline , are we considered all others?

Omg, congrats!!

1 Like

Oh, that I am not sure of. Hopefully not.

The timeline that I garnered from previous years was incorrect as it appears more random. And according to miamaraa, who emailed FIT: Hi! They’re not going alphabetical. I emailed them earlier and heres what they said " FIT actually won’t send out the decisions alphabetically, but rather they will send them a couple different big batches based upon which decisions are finalized at the time (so it will be a mix of different names, majors, etc.)"

So hang tight and stay hopeful!

2 Likes

omg that’s so relieving here I am worried I’ve been rejected over a little exclamation point

3 Likes

I was feeling the same way as you. Trust me! You got this!

2 Likes

Just got accepted into the Fashion design one year AAS program as a transfer!!

6 Likes

That is amazing!! So happy for you!

1 Like

CONGRATS!! thats amazing

1 Like

Congratulations! My daughter is waiting to hear about 1 year AMC program. Anything noteworthy about your portal as a transfer?

my portal stayed the same, but I got an email march 1st stating that I got transfer credits awarded!

Got it. I don’t think she has received that email. Bummer. Now I’m worried

I hear FIT is tricky with credit transferring even if you already go to the school. Not getting that email might not mean anything

1 Like