FIT Fall 2021 Admissions

hey im an international too, if u wanna exchange instas and wait together heres mine @ monterreey

Just got in! I’m a freshman advanced standing in the 2-year associate program for AMC! my Instagram is @kelly.wil, I can answer questions anyone has! i’d also love to meet new admits follow me on insta <3

2 Likes

On the COA housing is $27,000. Is that for real? SVA is $17,000 and Pratt about $15,000. Why so much?

I’ve heard that it’s the worst-case scenario in the event that FIT requires students to live alone in a single because of covid. It’s basically the highest possible cost, subject to change once we hear if students can room together. If students are permitted to double up in the rooms, the cost will be greatly reduced.

2 Likes

I applied for FBM and my last name starts with a T but I still haven’t heard anything. I know the decisions are coming out randomly but mostly every acceptance i’ve seen so far has been for this major. I don’t know if it’s worth me reaching out to them and seeing if they have any update on their end.

my last name also starts with T & i havent heard, (fashion design)

My last name starts with a P and I haven’t heard anything so I’m getting worried. I applied for fashion design and I just want to know lol

1 Like

yeah! I noticed that the acceptances i’ve seen have been for people with their last names going up to an M. i’m not sure if i’m mistaken or if it’s a coincidence

Interesting. FIT is the last decision I’m waiting for so I just hope I get it soon. Not sure if I would go because I might attend SAIC instead but we will see

there’s been a few V’s and W’s that have been recently accepted

For those of you who are still waiting on a decision, when did you submit your application? My son submitted in the first week of October and received his acceptance email on March 24. I’ve wondered if he was in an early batch of acceptance emails because he submitted so early in the process?

I started my application in October but didn’t submit my essay until the beginning of November

I submitted my application at the end of October

That makes sense. Thank you. Talk about sticker shock.

IKR! I got accepted but the housing price is stopping me from commiting just yet!

1 Like

is anyone thinking of doing off-campus housing?

i am but i haven’t heard from them yet

to those who have gotten accepted, did you guys receive your acceptances through personal e-mail or through your FIT e-mail? i’m so confused cause people are saying different things

This may be a silly question, but do you think they will release decisions over the weekend? I submitted my essay and application early December, but, unfortunately, submitted my portfolio at 11:00p.m. on Feb. 1 (which was really Feb. 2 NY time). I feel like I totally screwed up my chances by submitting my portfolio “a day” after the priority. I’m so so anxious waiting to hear back! Congrats to everyone who was admitted!! <3

it’s sent to both