FIT Fall 2021 Admissions

Where do you see the DARS in the portal? I can see if I see something

I got the email on Mar 10, indicated that my transfer credits have been awarded. And told me that I can see my credits on DARS which in myfit account. But I can’t see the DARS and haven’t received the acceptance letter so far.

1 Like

i was able to check my unofficial transcript with my transferred credits after I got accepted and my portal updated.

1 Like

I got an email when I originally submitted my application to FIT and they said they received it and that it was under review. I didn’t even know we had a gmail linked to our applications so I checked it and I had an email saying there was something wrong with my fafsa. I fixed it though and sent them the new one but for some reason it seems like they didn’t received it. Do you think this could have affected my application because I still haven’t heard about the decision and I applied for FBM.

1 Like

it’s crazy cause we’re on the same boat, i sent them an email as well letting them know about my FAFSA problem because i just learned about our FIT g-mail and they haven’t reached back yet. i have a small feeling that it is effecting our application and decision too. hopefully we hear back soon though cause my anxiety is off it.

omg literally same!! best of luck to you! it’s so frustrating though because I also had a problem with my essay. When I submitted it it didn’t show in MyFIT account so I had to email them and they updated it. It’s like if I don’t reach out about these errors no one in the admissions will bring them to my attention

2 Likes

same! i had to let them know about my highschool transcript and had to constantly let them know that it’s been sent multiple times. hopefully they see our e-mails and figure it out but best of luck to you too!

Hi, Can you tell me exactly how to access FIT email through Gmail? Do I log into Gmail first? I tried to just enter the email, but it didn’t work. Thanks for any help you can provide!
#momofastressedapplicant LOL!

Hi, this is what someone posted in the chat earlier: your FIT email should be firstname_lastname@fitnyc.edu and your password should be FIT and your birthday. so for example stella_johnson@fitnyc.edu and password FITJan122002
You would need to click on add an account in gmail and then sign in with this information above. However, FIT is emailing the acceptances to both the applicant’s email address (that they have on file) and the FIT email address

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Hey! is there anyone who applied for fashion design still haven’t heard?

1 Like

I applied for fashion design and haven’t heard yet

1 Like

I haven’t heard back either for fashion design.

I applied for fashion design and haven’t heard yet

just wanted to check how many of us are still waiting bc ive read that rejections come last and i started to freak out🤕

I applied as well… and have no news too

i’m still waiting too but i have a good feeling most of us will get our acceptance this week

1 Like

I’m in a parents’ group on Facebook, and one of the parents called the Admissions department last week and this is what they told her: the order that they send acceptance emails is completely random, and they can only send a certain number of emails per day or their system will crash. This helped me to understand why they roll out emails in batches the way they do. Keep the faith!

6 Likes

thanks for this information it made me relieved a little bit

1 Like

I also heard this but I looked at a chat from last year and people were getting acceptance letters all the way into April so I don’t think it’s anything to worry about.

2 Likes