Flat Stanley goes to Bama

<p>Oh yes, Stanley narrowly escaped Nemo and arrived in Chicago today. </p>

<p>It appears he was on that shopping trip with momoftriplets.</p>

<p>Sigh.</p>

<p>Yes. To Mom2012’s mortification, Flat Stanley seems to be a raging Auburn fan.</p>

<p>This could get sticky - Big Al will not approve.</p>

<p>Text to SIL this afternoon:</p>

<p>“If Stanley were to look down at himself before he went to Tuscaloosa and think “I can’t go visit the University of Alabama wearing Auburn colors!” and proceed to color himself, would X be upset?”</p>

<p>Luckily, the color change was approved. He may color himself, he may don a removable Bama jersey but he will NOT take a photo with Big Al in his current bright orange and blue state.</p>

<p>Oh, Excellent!</p>

<p>I was envisioning having to smuggle him around in our bras.</p>

<p>Roll Tide, Flat Stanley!</p>

<p>The airlines lost Stanley’s jersey. :frowning: Fortunately, he was able to find the back of the first one we made (was too dark) and quickly improvised.</p>

<p>A couple of photos</p>

<p>[ImageShack®</a> - Online Photo and Video Hosting](<a href=“http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/201/bigalstanleymobile.jpg/]ImageShack®”>ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs)</p>

<p>[ImageShack®</a> - Online Photo and Video Hosting](<a href=“http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/withstella.jpg/]ImageShack®”>ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs)</p>

<p>Thanks for the photos! They are so cute together. I love Flat Stanley. I remember when my D brought him home in second grade. He traveled to Grandmama’s house and went swimming. Thanks for sharing! :)</p>

<p>I am confused. I thought each child made a Flat Stanley that looked like themselves. I didn’t think everyone was photographing the same Flat Stanley whom looks like Flat Stanley.</p>

<p>I guess I don’t get why you’d do that.</p>

<p>Scurries off to re-read Goodnight, Moon…</p>

<p>Each child is given a paper Stanley. They decorate Stanley as they like. Mine just put on a UA jersey for that photo because he was blue and orange. I made the Stella as a page in my book is going to have Stanley wowed by the pretty Bama cheerleaders and posing for a photo with one.</p>

<p>Well, it seems Flat Stanley gets to go on lots of adventures! Big Al looks like a hoot!!!</p>