Football Schedule - any idea when parents weekend will be?

<p>Hi All
With the football schedule being released anyone have any idea on what weekend will be homecoming and/or Parents weekend? </p>

<p>We are in Chicago and will want to book really early to try to get good pricing.</p>

<p>Are any hotels walking distance to stadium?</p>

<p>Cannot believe that my DD will be a freshman in 8 months!</p>

<p>Usually Parents Weekend is different than Homecoming.</p>

<p>They’re both usually less popular home games so that there will be seats to sell.</p>

<p>2012 ALABAMA FOOTBALL SCHEDULE</p>

<p>Date Opponent Site</p>

<p>Sept. 1 ^vs. Michigan Arlington, Tex. (Cowboys Stadium)</p>

<p>Sept. 8 Western Kentucky Bryant-Denny Stadium <a href=“possible%20Parents%20Weekend”>B</a>**</p>

<p>Sept. 15 *at Arkansas TBD</p>

<p>Sept. 22 Florida Atlantic Bryant-Denny Stadium <a href=“possible%20Parents%20Weekend…think%20this%20will%20be%20it.”>B</a>**</p>

<p>Sept. 29 *Mississippi Bryant-Denny Stadium</p>

<p>Oct. 6 Open Date</p>

<p>Oct. 13 *at Missouri Columbia, Mo.</p>

<p>Oct. 20 *at Tennessee Knoxville, Tenn.</p>

<p>Oct. 27 *Mississippi State Bryant-Denny Stadium</p>

<p>Nov. 3 *at LSU Baton Rouge, La.</p>

<p>Nov. 10 *Texas A&M Bryant-Denny Stadium</p>

<p>Nov. 17 Western Carolina Bryant-Denny Stadium <a href=“possible%20Homecoming”>B</a>**</p>

<p>Nov. 24 *Auburn Bryant-Denny Stadium</p>

<p>*Southeastern Conference (SEC) opponent</p>

<p>^Cowboys Classic</p>

<p>I don’t think any hotels are within walking distance…but some might have shuttle service.</p>

<p>Exception would be Hotel Capstone, but unlikely going to get rooms there. The school and certain alums book nearly the entire hotel.</p>

<p>Thank you so much m2ck…can you believe that all Marriotts and Hiltons are booked already?? I had no idea that rooms would go so quickly.</p>

<p>What would be your second choice suggestions in Tuscaloosa?</p>

<p>Try…</p>

<p>Hampton Inn on Harper Lee</p>

<p>Holiday Inn Express on 15th (Veterans Memorial)</p>

<p>Microtel on 15th/Veterans</p>

<p>Lots of places will already be booked.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.rolltide.com/travel/hotels.html[/url]”>http://www.rolltide.com/travel/hotels.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>.</p>

<p>Just talked to Country Inn and Suites on McFarland…they WILL NOT be taking football weekend reservations until April1 for those of you who haven’t gotten any and are wanting some. We managed to score a 1 bedroom suite on line by accident to $209 a night…woo hoo!!!</p>

<p>I’m new here, so I will probably touch a nerve…but I’m just curious (and amused) why we know the football schedule for 2012…but the actual start date of 2012 classes isn’t readily available…nor the dates of Bama Bound, and other summer orientation activities, etc.</p>

<p>All of the SEC schedules came out on Wednesday…the conferences set them in conjunction with the different schools Athletic Departments. This is a separate entity from the “academic” part of the University. I would imagine if you called the University next week they would be able to tell you the start date for next year. I know DD has a pretty good idea of when recruitment will be next year. As for Bama bound those should be out very soon as well…if I remember when we were admitted (DD’s a sophomore)…the ball really got rolling after the first of the year. I truly sympathize with wanting to know all the dates and getting schedules finalized…we were in the same boat and it can be frustrating at times . We live in the Midwest and during DD’s senior year we made 4 trips to Tuscaloosa by the middle of June…then back again early August for recruitment, a week later for Bid Day and then 2 weeks later for Parents Weekend…car now just goes on auto pilot!</p>