Football Ticket Wait list?

<p>Ok, so son casually mentions that he’s forgotten about the football ticket window and didn’t try until 3:00pm on Friday. Of course, no tickets. Is there a wait list and if so, how does one get on it?</p>

<p>Thanks is advance for any help/information.</p>

<p>Lisa</p>

<p>There is no wait list for season packages. However if there are any split packages left over after incoming freshmen buy theirs then I think they are offered to returning students who got shut out. It’s probably worth a shot to have your son call the ticket office this week, explain what happened, and see if they offer him a split package. Can’t hurt to grovel :-)</p>

<p>And of course there is the donated ticket list that opens the Sunday morning before each home game. If he puts his name on that list as soon as it opens (6am) he’ll most likely get a ticket to every game that way.</p>

<p>Good luck and Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>I just watched the Action Card video on the donated football tickets. The video says if you “upgrade your season tickets 4 or more times, you forfeit the ability to get postseason tickets.”</p>

<p>So if a student gets the Freshman package of three tickets and gets four donated tickets to the remaining games, does that mean he cannot go to the SEC playoffs and bowl game?</p>

<p>That doesn’t sound right. </p>

<p>Am I interpreting this correctly?</p>

<p>NO!! Upgrading tickets refers to those who convert a “student ticket” into a “student guest ticket”. </p>

<p>For years students who weren’t interested in football would buy season tickets and then convert them to guest tickets so they could sell them on ebay etc etc and make a few hundred dollars. The University is trying to discourage this practice so that the only students who buy tickets are the ones who actually want to attend the games. </p>

<p>They still allow you to upgrade to a student guest ticket a few times a year in case you have a friend or family member that wants to go to a game and sit next to you in the student section. But those who do it 4 or more times will be ineligible to buy tickets the next season.</p>

<p>You can receive a donated ticket each week if need be without penalty.</p>

<p>Phew! I feel much better. My rising freshman son was already making plans to attend all home games, SEC championship game, and national championship.</p>

<p>He shouldn’t have a problem getting a ticket from the ticket bank for whatever games he doesn’t get in his package. </p>

<p>However, SEC Championship & National championship tickets are awarded based on hours earned at UA and very few are made available to students. They are also non-transferable so there is no donated ticket bank for those games.</p>

<p>His best bet for the SEC championship game would be ebay but they won’t be cheap. </p>

<p>If he wants to “guarantee” himself a chance to buy a ticket to the National Championship game at face value he can go here [Team</a> Ticket Reservations: Allstate Sugar Bowl](<a href=“http://teamreservation.allstatesugarbowl.org/content/home]Team”>http://teamreservation.allstatesugarbowl.org/content/home) and buy a “ticket reservation”. It’s a bit of a gamble though because he’s buying the reservation for $85 but if Alabama doesn’t get in the game then he gets nothing for his reservation. The face value of the ticket is also $275 which he would pay on top of his reservation price when Alabama gets selected for the game. So with fees and all you’re looking at roughly $400 for a ticket to the National Championship game. Still a lot better than you could buy from a scalper but not exactly cheap by any standard.</p>

<p>I have 5 “ticket reservations” BTW, and have my hotel rooms booked (Drury Inn) for New Orleans as well. No doubt in my mind we’ll be playing for #14 this year :-)</p>

<p>Here’s a story from the Tuscaloosa News when UA played in the SEC Championship game two years ago. I copied this part which shows how UA allocated it’s allotment. </p>

<p>"The University of Alabama and the University of Florida each received 15,900 tickets to the SEC Championship Game at the Georgia Dome, which seats about 71,000. Most of the rest of the tickets were sold by the SEC, which has a waiting list for people interested in buying tickets for the 2010 season. Here is a look at how UA distributed its ticket allotment.</p>

<p>UA students: 12 percent of total or 1,908 tickets of which 522 went to band members, 269 went to graduate students and 1,117 went to undergraduates with at least 96 credit hours; 12,240 students applied for student tickets
UA faculty and staff: 5 percent or 795 tickets
UA lettermen: 10 percent or 1,590 tickets
UA donors and Tide Pride members: 57 percent or about 9,000 tickets
UA internal use: About 2,600 tickets"</p>

<p>[SEC</a> title game tickets going for premium prices | TuscaloosaNews.com](<a href=“http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20091204/NEWS/912049951]SEC”>http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20091204/NEWS/912049951)</p>

<p>A bit of a gamble??? This “ticket reservation” is like betting on Secretariat in the Belmont. I’m all in.</p>

<p>I love your passion NJBama.</p>

<p>“This “ticket reservation” is like betting on Secretariat in the Belmont.”</p>

<p>lol, excellent analogy and I couldn’t agree more. It’s great to see that you and your son have similar passion for Bama football. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>When can incoming freshman choose tickets and how does that process go?</p>

<p>I don’t think the sale date has been announced yet but you should be getting an email in the next few weeks with the date. Make sure to check your crimson email daily.</p>

<p>The process is pretty simple. The 7 home games will be broken up 4 & 3 into 2 different packages. Simply choose which package you want, and when the sale starts log on and select that package.</p>

<p>Instructions on when and where, as well as the games in the two different packages, will be included in the email.</p>

<p>Last year the sale was on rolltide.com. However this year it may be on MyBama and billed to your student account like it was done for returning students last week. Hopefully that will be the case because it was the simplest ticket buying process ever IMHO.</p>

<p>If you purchase one student ticket for the whole season, how do you get two other tickets as a student guest if my parents want to come to a game or two?</p>

<p>The easiest way is to have two other students convert their student tickets into student-guest tickets when they sell them to you. </p>

<p>Unfortunately, due the regulations limiting ticket conversions many students are reluctant to convert their tickets for sale. If you run up against that, you may have to go through a rather complicated process wherein you first convert your own ticket to a student-guest ticket, second have another student transfer their ticket to you (since that doesn’t penalize that other student) and convert that to a student-guest ticket and thirdly have yet another student transfer his or her ticket to you.</p>

<p>As feenotype said it’s a pain in the posterior. </p>

<p>I don’t recommend parents sitting in the student section with you. Primarily because I doubt your parents will want to wait in line with you at the student gate 2 - 3 hours before kickoff.</p>

<p>Their best bet is to find two tickets on one of the Bama fan sites, ebay, or stub hub and tailgate with you before the game and then meet up with you at a specified location after the game.</p>

<p>We just received a reminder card in the mail, which included the following info on football tickets for incoming freshmen:</p>

<p>“Order your football tickets beginning June 1, 2011, at rolltide.com”</p>

<p>The excitment is building!! Roll Tide Roll!!!</p>

<p>When parents come to games, sometimes it’s just easier to go to the Quad early in the day and buy tickets from people who are selling them. </p>

<p>When you buy “converted student guest tickets” you have to pay a “conversion fee”, so we find it just easier to buy “real tickets” on the quad and not have to sit in the student section. LOL</p>

<p>You could buy 3 tickets (maybe to a game that you don’t have tix to), and then be able to sit with your parents.</p>

<p>Has anyone seen the freshman football packages for 2011?</p>

<p>NJBama: You mentioned students lining up at the student gate 2-3 hours before kickoff. Do you need to get there that early to be assured a seat or is there some other purpose?</p>

<p>P.S. Be seeing you in the Big Easy!</p>

<p>Seating is first come first serve in the student session. Arrive too late and you will not be admitted into the lower bowl, including student organization seating, and will be directed to the upper bowl section of student seating. As for the lines to get into the stadium, they move very quickly. Understandably, there is a large security presence at games, but the entrance process is very easy. It’s fun to count all the different types of security guards (UA and contracted event personnel) and law enforcement jurisdictions (UA, Tuscaloosa, Tuscaloosa County, Jefferson County, Alabama State Troopers, Alabama ABC, and the opposing team’s police officers) that work the games.</p>

<p>Like Sea_Tide said, you’re guaranteed a seat but it might be in the upper deck. </p>

<p>I know for the big games (LSU, UF, UT, allbarn, etc etc) you’ll need to be in line 3 hrs before kickoff if you want a seat in the lower bowl.</p>

<p>If you join a fraternity then you’ll sit in the lower endzone in the greek block seating.</p>

<p>Can’t wait to get to New Orleans for #14 :-)</p>