Football Tickets - what do most freshmen do?

I understand that my son can purchase a season ticket ($77 last year) and receive a ticket for every home football game in the same student section seat. OR he can enter the lottery for each game and maybe receive a ticket, and if he does he can sit with a group of friends who also received a lottery ticket if they pick up their tickets in that group. If he gets a season ticket can he sit with friends who don’t have season tickets? Do kids move around in the student section in order to be with friends from the dorm, class or clubs? What do most freshman do? Also, I understand that lots of clubs will watch the games on campus via live feed. Is this a popular option - can anyone give further info on what the demand for and culture is for attending games as a freshman?

I’ve never bought a ticket. Every time I go to the games I just do the lottery. It’s very simple to do and you’re literally almost guaranteed to get it (I would be very surprised if someone actually LOST the lottery). If you just wanna be at the games, that’s your best bet. Yes, you can sit with all your other friends too if you get the lottery tickets together. If you’re a big fan of VT football, you can go for the season ticket, get some much better seats. Really it’s up to where you wanna be sitting in the stadium.